Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Regrets?

Old 01-22-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running a RR stubby front and a small 8000lbs winch. I'd hate to have a heavy full size bumper and a large winch like the powerplant! I've been shopping for a larger LA lift guess this helps eliminate this brand for me
Old 01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

I just put on a teraflex 3" with arms and got 4 1/2"+ in lift. I did have a problemwith the brake lines that came with kit. all four fittings leaked needless to say I bummed rides for a week but they sent me new lines. Its good lift and easy install. Cant wait to see what it will do.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I initially bought the Pro Comp Stage 1 lift kit. My only regret was that the kit reuses the factory rear springs and just adds a spacer. I have since replaced the rear springs with the springs that come from the Stage II kit. I'd recommend that if you get the Stage 1, pay the extra money and get the stage II springs.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've been looking at this lift as well. Did you get any additional lift with the new springs? Did you still use the spacer with the new springs?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

I have a BB on mine just wish I could have gone bigger. I do regret purchasing "Skyjacked" shocks and their Disintegrating shock bushings.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
Just got off the phone with the manufacturer of my lift. I was informed that the coils are not made to be used with the added weight of aftermarket bumpers and winches! I explained that I have HD springs and that this amount of sag is not acceptable for a company that is suposed to have great aftermarket products. I was told that there is nothing that they could do but that they would be happy to sell me new coils. So that they could do the same and I'd have to replace them again in 1 1/2 years! Can't believe that such a manufacturer won't standby their products.
You think the company should replace springs for anyone running a setup that causes spring sag? If I were in your shoes I would just buy a 4" spring from them and go on with life. It is only like $170. No way one company can predict the weight of your components.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi Master

I have no issue with spring sag, and I dont even have HD springs. My coils are from December of 06.

I'm thrilled with the lift, rides great and flexs nicely.

I would check your shocks and make sure they are not blown out.

Last edited by Piginajeep; 01-22-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Don't regret the height. But I do regret that it's a budget boost. Need to replace with coils and shocks.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the ProComp 4" stage 2 lift and have been happy with it. I should have just kept my bb on until i had put away enough for a long arm lift though. But overall happy with it.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine and everything works great. Recentered my steering wheel and my traction control lights cut off today. Everything feels good. Only regret was not doing this sooner and doubting myself.

Quick Reply: Lift Regrets?