Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Regrets?

Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Regrets?

Just wondering if anyone regrets installing a lift? or regrets the brand they bought ? or the type of lift,(Budget boost vs suspension)?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Nope, no regrets at all! I love my setup.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

I do regret the brand of Lift I got. The front shocks have sagged 2" over 1 1/2 years. When you consider that it was a 3" lift that equates to 66% loss! I know that sagging does happen to some degree but this is crazy. Worse part is that the manufacturer is not replying to my phone calls or emails.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None here, I do have about 1-3/4" of clearence getting in and out of my garage. I guess I would be happier if I only had 1/4" clearence
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Smile

No regrets here- but I would eventually like to go bigger

Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

No regrets here either.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

None here.
Love my OME HD/Full Traction/Rock Krawler frankenlift.
The only things different I'd do is LT OME shocks & Currie spring retainers and do it all at one time, instead of piecemeal.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Freak

Just got off the phone with the manufacturer of my lift. I was informed that the coils are not made to be used with the added weight of aftermarket bumpers and winches! I explained that I have HD springs and that this amount of sag is not acceptable for a company that is suposed to have great aftermarket products. I was told that there is nothing that they could do but that they would be happy to sell me new coils. So that they could do the same and I'd have to replace them again in 1 1/2 years! Can't believe that such a manufacturer won't standby their products.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
Just got off the phone with the manufacturer of my lift. I was informed that the coils are not made to be used with the added weight of aftermarket bumpers and winches! I explained that I have HD springs and that this amount of sag is not acceptable for a company that is suposed to have great aftermarket products. I was told that there is nothing that they could do but that they would be happy to sell me new coils. So that they could do the same and I'd have to replace them again in 1 1/2 years! Can't believe that such a manufacturer won't standby their products.
That SUCKS!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Aftermarket lift not made to work with aftermarket bumpers? Glad I did not buy that lift. Thanks for the warning! Hope you get it resolved. Springs usually are cheap so just choose a better quality spring and don't look back.

Quick Reply: Lift Regrets?