Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Recommendations

Old 07-25-2016, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jeep lift kits are typically designed to provide more lift in the front to compensate for a heavy winch and bumper. Like I said before, if you are into overlanding or are like me and have a heavy rear bumper setup, you can do like I did and just talk with a shop and say that you want heavier duty rear springs or just buy a spacer for the rear.

If you want to maintain the factory style rake, you will likely need a spacer for the rear even after a lift is installed.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Synergy's coil springs are designed to maintain a factory rake if you purchase the same lift height front and rear. Their shorter coils are progressive and designed to handle the extra weight of aftermarket bumpers, winches, and gear.

They offer 1" and 2" coils for a four door and 2" coils for a four door.

Marcus
Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add 1" Synergy springs in the front and rear to keep rake. The factory shocks will work but it is better to upgrade. I've also heard that the 2" OME jeep suspension lift and AEV JK 2" Spacer lift will maintain the raked look.

Quick Reply: Lift Recommendations