Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Recommendations for 2012

Old 02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Recommendations for 2012

I have a 2012 2 door manual with 17in wheels and 3.73 gearing. I want to add a 2in lift and replace my stock 32inch tires with a nice set of 33s. I don't need to go bigger at this time or anytime soon.

What are my best options for 2in of lift and what's needed to make it happen?

Just trying to consider a number of options. ;-)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could run 33s with no lift.

But since you do wanna lift, some good lift kits to go with are the Teraflex 2.5" lift kit, Rock Krawler 2.5" Lift kits (there are three different ones), or you could do the Old Man Emu kit.. Or, AEV just launched their new 2.5" kit. Any of those will serve you well.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sir

Given it is a 2 door, we would recommend starting with our 2.5" Flex System and skipping the Stock Mod. 2 Doors can get a little sketchy driving them without caster correction with 2.5" of lift. Just keep that in mind no matter what system you choose. If you have any questions about our Rock Krawler Systems, please give us a shout. We will be more than happy to help you out!

Good Luck with your build.

RK
Old 02-27-2012, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Sir

Given it is a 2 door, we would recommend starting with our 2.5" Flex System and skipping the Stock Mod. 2 Doors can get a little sketchy driving them without caster correction with 2.5" of lift. Just keep that in mind no matter what system you choose. If you have any questions about our Rock Krawler Systems, please give us a shout. We will be more than happy to help you out!

Good Luck with your build.

RK
Don't have a RK kit or a 2 door, but I would x2 his comment about 2 door issues with caster. I have a 4 Door and used a front CA relocation bracket to correct my cater issues. On a 2 door it will be more pronounced. I know the 4 lifts the other poster mentioned are ALL considered quality vendors. RK was quick to respond so maybe that gives you an idea of their support....
Old 02-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bradleyb
I have a 2012 2 door manual with 17in wheels and 3.73 gearing. I want to add a 2in lift and replace my stock 32inch tires with a nice set of 33s. I don't need to go bigger at this time or anytime soon.

What are my best options for 2in of lift and what's needed to make it happen?

Just trying to consider a number of options. ;-)
TeraFlex has a 2.5" Coil version and a 2.5" BB version that would work for you. Both kits have options with TeraFlex shocks/no shocks/ shock extension. The coil kits even have a 2dr or 4dr options. Give us a call if you have any questions.

Quick Reply: Lift Recommendations for 2012