Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift quote

Old 05-21-2016, 09:31 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by pitbull62
don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly what I would need from teraflex to raise my jku enough to do light to moderate off-roading. No rock crawlin in my future. Teraflex has so many choices makes my head spin. OP prolly doesn't know either.
For the OP, it's a bit different. He isn't looking at a specific lift kit. In his correspondence with a vendor he just said something like "how much will you charge to install a 2.5" lift", but has no idea which lift they are actually wanting to sell him. To answer his question, that is specifically what we need to know.

For you, there could be many different answers, depending on ... you and your budget. Your jeep is very capable right off the dealers lot. Don't think of a lift as being about rock crawling or mudding or whatever, just think of it as creating more room for the bigger tires, which gives more ground clearance for the belly and under the axles. What you need to be concerned with is the problems you cause by lifting, and how to correct those problems if/when they happen. The more expensive lifts will have more (and sometimes better) components to correct those issues.

Have you opened the two threads stuck right to the top of this modified area? FAQ's and Thoughts On Lifts? You might take a step back from the lift selection process to get some background on the problems caused by lifting, and do a little reading on what the specific components actually do. That will give you a much better understanding of what you are looking at when you go back to comparing the various lifts.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That seems very expensive for a lift and install. Ive never paid a shop to do an install, but I would think you can buy all the tools, jack, and stands needed to do the lift yourself for less than that. And you would own the equipment afterwards.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For the OP, it's a bit different. He isn't looking at a specific lift kit. In his correspondence with a vendor he just said something like "how much will you charge to install a 2.5" lift", but has no idea which lift they are actually wanting to sell him. To answer his question, that is specifically what we need to know. For you, there could be many different answers, depending on ... you and your budget. Your jeep is very capable right off the dealers lot. Don't think of a lift as being about rock crawling or mudding or whatever, just think of it as creating more room for the bigger tires, which gives more ground clearance for the belly and under the axles. What you need to be concerned with is the problems you cause by lifting, and how to correct those problems if/when they happen. The more expensive lifts will have more (and sometimes better) components to correct those issues. Have you opened the two threads stuck right to the top of this modified area? FAQ's and Thoughts On Lifts? You might take a step back from the lift selection process to get some background on the problems caused by lifting, and do a little reading on what the specific components actually do. That will give you a much better understanding of what you are looking at when you go back to comparing the various lifts.
thank you sir. Got your message. Thanks

Quick Reply: Lift quote