Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift question? Aev 3.5 premium

Old 11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift question? Aev 3.5 premium

I searched and found nothing. I got the ok from the wife so before I pull the trigger I figured I would ask a few questions.

Is it worth the 1600? Or is there another one for around that price I should go with?

Will I need anything besides what comes in the kit?

Will I be able to run my stock drive shafts unit I can afford new ones?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm 4+" lift auto 4 door with no problem running stock drive shafts, they are on my wish list though. The front boot tore off about a year ago. The lift on their sight shows no control arms? I was that high and you will want adjustable front lower arms. I prefer Teraflex systems, I would have saved a lot of money if I would have started with them!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

It is a very well engineered kit that is bolt on, the main advantage with there kit is the fact that it raises the track bar mounts and flips the stearing knuckle, for beater stearing and handling.

You can also piece together a kit with raised stearing, and maybe save some money
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Personally, I am not a fan of Cam Bolts (the premium may use the new drop bracket instead of cams?) or relo Brackets. They will work, but decide how you will be using it and whether you think you will be upgrading. If you will be moving to adjustables, why pay for all of the brackets?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I would love to upgrade later on To a short arm kit. Would I be better off going with a Tera flex 4 inch withe the flex arms? Im trying to find a complete kit that I won't need to buy more parts to make it work.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Aev no longer uses cam bolts and the kit is very complete and rides great
Old 11-21-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but for 1600 i would option for the old man emu hd long travel kit that northridge carries.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Well I would love to upgrade later on To a short arm kit. Would I be better off going with a Tera flex 4 inch withe the flex arms? Im trying to find a complete kit that I won't need to buy more parts to make it work.
That is pretty much what I'm running and it awesome. You can always add the short arms latter too, the whole thing is pretty easy to install. Also you can add just the long arm kit latter if you want, that's my plan, it still uses the same springs and track bars ect. All depends on if you plan on doing it all you self and if you can cut/weld for the long arm kit, and money of corse. I would go 4 inch because everyone ends up with 37's anyways!
Here is the kit at work:
Old 11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
I searched and found nothing. I got the ok from the wife so before I pull the trigger I figured I would ask a few questions.

Is it worth the 1600? Or is there another one for around that price I should go with?

Will I need anything besides what comes in the kit?

Will I be able to run my stock drive shafts unit I can afford new ones?
I have the 4.5" premium kit(which comes with the high steer kit) and I'm very happy with it.

I have an auto and replaced both driveshafts but it's only recommended to replace the front with 4.5" kits. I still managed to contact my tranny pan once in extreme flex and just take a little paint ring off the ds.

You don't need adjustable arms with this kit as it's designed using the stock arms and works great in my opinion.

All the newer kits come with the control arm drop brackets which I'm getting installed soon which may require me to get new adjustable front control arms(either upper or lower,can't remember which right now).

Quick Reply: Lift question? Aev 3.5 premium