Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Question?

Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Question?

I was wondering if anyone is running this set up? I put a 3/4" leveling kit in my 4dr and it still really didnt sit level. I just put on a xhd stubby front bumper and its a little heavier then the stock bumper plus im throwing a winch on soon. My plan was to put a 2" coil spacer up front and a 1" coil spacer in the rear. Both are available from rusty's offroad. Is anyone running this combo?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zech80
I was wondering if anyone is running this set up? I put a 3/4" leveling kit in my 4dr and it still really didnt sit level. I just put on a xhd stubby front bumper and its a little heavier then the stock bumper plus im throwing a winch on soon. My plan was to put a 2" coil spacer up front and a 1" coil spacer in the rear. Both are available from rusty's offroad. Is anyone running this combo?
The front of your Jeep from the factory should be about 2" lower than the back. What ever you do with the front you will need to add that to the 2". Bumper and winch should be about 1/2-3/4 of an inch. It is very dangerous to stack the spacers so you will need to do a 2 1/2 or a spring and small spacer to fix it. I am using 3" Rancho springs and when I do bumper/winch Iwill add a spacer to level.
Hope this helps.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default rustys

I had 2" spacers (superlift) and decided to go with RUSTYS 2" coils which gives you 2.5" plus and rides much better and sits level . Then you could always add a spacer in front if needed because of added weight. Check out there prices on there web site , give them a call, good customer service !

Last edited by JIMBO 702; 08-28-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I dont want to stack spacers I just was thinkining I could remove the 3/4" inch spacer then go with a 2" up front and a 1" in the rear to give me a 1" lift all around. I didnt want to go any higher right now because I dont want to buy bigger tires, plus I do a lot of highway driving.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Adding taller spacers will work, but what you might want to check how much your short (stock) coils will be compressed with the added weight of the bumper/winch. You don't want to be bottoming out your springs going over dips and bumps in the road. Just a thought to keep in mind...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

FYI
2" in front and 1" in back is exactly what the Teraflex leveling kit gives you. Also the 2" up front are provided by 2 stacked 1" spacers. I will be installing this kit Sunday.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKommuter
FYI
2" in front and 1" in back is exactly what the Teraflex leveling kit gives you. Also the 2" up front are provided by 2 stacked 1" spacers. I will be installing this kit Sunday.
I have installed many of these kits. Do yourself a favor, do the front first then let if off the jacks and pull it outside. You will be amazed when it sits level, if you put the spacers in the back it still has the foreward rake. I have about a dozen of the 1" spacers laying around the shop all the time (until they get tossed).
Just some advise. I learned the hard way
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess it will be trial and error.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the heads up Metro.

I will do the front first as you suggest and take a look. I will even take pics so others can see the difference before/front only/front and back assuming I install the rear spacers.

Any problems with ride or handling after you installed the leveling kits in the past?

Sorry about the hijack Zech...

Last edited by JKommuter; 08-29-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default Leveling Stock JK?

I know u have all heard this before, but I want to level out my JK. I have a 2 door and I installed the RC 3/4" leveling kit and it does not sit level... my plan is to put Rusty's 2" coils on the front and not touch the rear... then to install shocks all around. What do you guys think and which shocks give the best ride all around????

Thanks

Quick Reply: Lift Question?