Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift question

Old 10-19-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift question

Is there any way I can lift my jeep without loosing my warranty? All I want is a 1.5 in to 2 inch lift? Maybe spacers? Any help would be awesome!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:11 AM
B11
JK Newbie

Alot of it will depend on the relationship you have with your dealer but for the most part it really comes down to if the parts you installed had a direct affect on whatever it is or would be that you will need to have covered under warranty down the road.

Example. A lift could be blamed for driveline u-joints going out earlier than expected because of the increased angle a lift puts them in so chances are that would not be covered under warranty but if your tranny was to blow up a lift could not be directly blamed for that. All in all do everything you can to get along with your service department because they can be your best friend or your worst enemy.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 1.5", check out the Teraflex Leveling kit. $125 lifts the front 2", rear 1" to level it out and effectively give about 1.5" of overall lift.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Jem
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 71Luber
For 1.5", check out the Teraflex Leveling kit. $125 lifts the front 2", rear 1" to level it out and effectively give about 1.5" of overall lift.
I also just bought my 2011 and was wondering how a lift and tires would affect warranty. I think if i just did 1.5" of lift id soooo want more after that lol
Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

I asked my dealer about lifts when ordering my 2012 and they said that as long as you don't go above 3" or so it's still covered under warranty. He said that over 3" can put a lot of stress on it and cause abnormal wear if not installed properly. The dealership here actually sells aftermarket lifts and installs them for you... but as everyone else says I'd ask your dealer just to be sure. I think it varies dealer by dealer.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkchr1s
I asked my dealer about lifts when ordering my 2012 and they said that as long as you don't go above 3" or so it's still covered under warranty. He said that over 3" can put a lot of stress on it and cause abnormal wear if not installed properly. The dealership here actually sells aftermarket lifts and installs them for you... but as everyone else says I'd ask your dealer just to be sure. I think it varies dealer by dealer.
Mine said no more than 2" and it had to get installed professionally.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Extended warranty was no more than three inches and had to pay extra 50$. Went with rev 2" spacer lift.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome thanks guys. To start of I got the teraflex leveling kit, dealer said it is still under warranty and me and my buddy who is a mechanic at jeep put it in. Looks great! Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: Lift question