Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Question

Old 07-01-2011, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 11' JKU Rubi. I am wanting to lift my Jeep to run 35s initially then in 3-5 yrs run 37s. I really like the OME 3.5 HD Long Travel. But it is a lot more expensive then the lift below

So my question is would you recommend me buying the below lift to get 35s then later replacing the lift with the OME and upgrading to 37s

Are there any issues with replacing lifts, are there any flaws in my thinking?

TF BB Lift
http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail.php?prod=TF-1352002

Also would you recommend this TF lift as the best bang for the buck, and I will have someone else installing the lift as I am mechanically challenged.

I am a beginner/intermediate off-roader that off-road maybe once a month, and this will be my dd for several yrs.

Thanks so much for your input.

Last edited by whiterave; 07-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Re-consider installing yourself. It really isn't difficult, just a little time consuming if you have never done it. I would suggest that when you have decided on a lift, throw a post in the Staging Area for your neck of the woods and get a little install party going. The odds are pretty good that you will find some folks willing to lend a hand, and more than likely they will have all the tools needed.

As far as your lift progression goes, it is fairly common. And it is also common for people to regret spending money on a BB and wishing they had gone straight to the taller coil lift. And straight to 37's instead of 35's. Nothing wrong with going either route, just depends on your budget and needs.

If you are looking for 'bang for the buck' to get you by until you swap in a coil lift, look at RC.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I'll look into that, thanks for the info.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go for the coil kit, it's just as much work as installing the BB kit but with better end results. Thanks for considering a TeraFlex lift. If you have any questions, call me.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You could run flat fenders and some extended bumpstops and some minor pinch seam trimming and you won't even have to touch the suspension.
So if I do the above I'm good to use 35s
Old 07-01-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depending on your commute I personally wouldn't rock anything bigger then 33's for a DD.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking of getting spacers for my stock until I can afford new shoes.

Last edited by whiterave; 07-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Lift Question