Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift my Jeep

Old 11-20-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift my Jeep

I'm new to the whole Jeep thing so forgive my ignorance, I'm interested in lifting my jeep 2.5 " and just wondering what lift kit to use and also what size tires would be best with that lift ....

2008 Sahara
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shmoove
I'm new to the whole Jeep thing so forgive my ignorance, I'm interested in lifting my jeep 2.5 " and just wondering what lift kit to use and also what size tires would be best with that lift ....

2008 Sahara
i guess i'll say it before everyone else does.....do a search there is tons of info on this stuff. Personally I went with the 2.5" teraflex coil lift...and will go with 35's once i have the money.

o and welcome to the site
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Depends on what you are going to do with it. I would recommend a 2.5" and a 1" body lift with some 35"s.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

They got a lot of ppl on here running the TeraFlex BB or coil. I think the 2.5'' is a good choice bc you dont have to go into heavy mods. Like he said above, a 2.5'' w/ a 1'' BL running 35'' with atleast an adj. front trackbar. A rear trackbar bracket will do if you dont do any heavy wheelin! Im ordering a Rough Country 2.5'' coil with frt/rear JKS adj. trackbars. I havent made my mind up on 33's or 35's yet.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I haven't lifted mine yet, but I've read a lot of threads in preparation for it. My short list is the 2.5" Teraflex spring lift, the 2.5" Teraflex BB, or the 2" OME.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

go to the website of one of the forum sponsors and take a look.

When I do it, I'll go with a 2.5" BB with 33"s
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you for all the advice....how would 33's look on a a 2.5" lift ??
Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shmoove
Thank you for all the advice....how would 33's look on a a 2.5" lift ??
Great! 33's aren't much larger than the stock tires (mounted on the MOAB wheels), but they do have a good look.

I have a 2.5" lift on stock tires, and I think the added space in the fenders looks good. With wheel spacers, the look is almost perfect. I'd love bigger tires, but I'm short on cash, these tires have lots of life left, and they do well on the trails I use...

As far as lifts, Teraflex is a no-brainer. 2.5" kit, complete with everything you need. They have a great presence on this site (In terms of people running their kits, and representatives from the company itself). OME is a lot pricier, a lot less complete, but still a very high quality setup.

Other things to keep in mind when adding bigger tires are power. Bigger tires mean your gearing is all off. Going from a 32" stock tire to a 33" tires isn't a big deal, but if you're looking at 35's, you're probably going to want numerically higher gearing. ($$). Also, by law, you'll have to have your computer re-flashed to reflect the new tires (So that your speedometer is accurate).

Good luck! And post some pictures!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:28 PM
JK Newbie

i went with the ome i got a little over 2.5" lift, i got it from northridge4x4.com and got a pakage deal with adj trackbars. im pretty happy with the decision its a good lift if you dont plan on getting too crazy with your new jeep
Old 11-21-2008, 12:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is a good link to see a wide variety of lift/wheel/tire combos. There is even a link for 2.5 lifts. Its labeled Teraflex 2.5 lift pics, but a ton of people are using different brands of 2.5 lifts.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/show-off-threads-18457/

Quick Reply: Lift my Jeep