Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LIFT LIFT LIFTS what to pick

Old 01-30-2010, 05:45 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, this is from not just info on here, everyone I've met with an RE kit on the JK is having issues, they have been all longarms though.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jcr931
I'm sort of stuck like you also. I'm 99% sure on the TF 2.5" Coil just don't know if I want to go shocks or adapters. I've heard people say yea and nea for both. I know the shocks are pretty expensive and if the stockers with adapters will work that is probably the route I will go.
...I know some forum members chose the adapter route because they either had the Rubicon shocks or the Heavy Duty shocks on the "X" or Sahara with the Tow package...Other than that if you dont have the above mentioned shocks you should really consider getting the kit with Shocks...The shocks have made a world of difference with the ride quality.....
Old 01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Also, this is from not just info on here, everyone I've met with an RE kit on the JK is having issues, they have been all longarms though.
I have run into several folks on the trail running RE kits on JKs. Everyone, including my self loves the kit. No problems. Not sure why all the RE haters on this forum...most likely because they are not a sponsor here. I have yet to see a post with any significant evidence of chronic problems with RE kits....just talk
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aldaman
...I know some forum members chose the adapter route because they either had the Rubicon shocks or the Heavy Duty shocks on the "X" or Sahara with the Tow package...Other than that if you dont have the above mentioned shocks you should really consider getting the kit with Shocks...The shocks have made a world of difference with the ride quality.....
Thanks for the help aldaman!
Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd go Teraflex (in fact I did) but you should give Northridge 4x4 a call. They will be cheaper than Quadratec.

FWIW I went with OME shocks and am very happy. As others said on a 4 door you get 3" front, 2" rear for a level stance.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

ScottW what did those shocks run if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

E-Jeep do you have any pics you can post? I'd like to see it!
Old 01-30-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jcr931
E-Jeep do you have any pics you can post? I'd like to see it!
+1 i would also like to see
Old 01-30-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScottW
I'd go Teraflex (in fact I did) but you should give Northridge 4x4 a call. They will be cheaper than Quadratec.

FWIW I went with OME shocks and am very happy. As others said on a 4 door you get 3" front, 2" rear for a level stance.
im also going with the LT OME shocks...does northridge have deals for forum members since thier an advertiser here?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes they do and they have been nice to deal with so far!

Quick Reply: LIFT LIFT LIFTS what to pick