Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift kits

Old 03-09-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kits

I have a 2007 rubicon unlimited and was wondering what would be a better lift and why. I am down to the 4.5 inch rubicon express long arm or the full traction long arm. What is the difference between the radius arms that re uses and the four link that ft uses. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each kit. I was told by some offroaders to stay away from radius arms kits.
Thanks
George
Old 03-09-2009, 09:11 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

due to their long arms, both kits will offer a great ride on pavement. if you plan on racing your jeep through the desert pre-runner style, radius arms will work just fine as vertical travel is all you really need. if you plan on doing some crawling with your jeep, you'll want a 4 link setup like full traction makes as it will offer outstanding flex and without bind. while radius arms can offer flex, it comes at a price that price is blown out bushings. this is not an opinion but rather a fact. i have seen this on radius arms that have only seen dirt once and unfortunately, bonded rubber bushings are not easy to replace. needless to say, i agree with what you've been told and would personally stay away from radius arms.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I didn't ask the question but I learned something today.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 AM
JK Super Freak

I learn something every time WOL post!

Quick Reply: lift kits