Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kits

Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kits

Live near 4wheelparts and am looking. Does anyone have any info on full traction lifts. They have a lot of things I like. They include a lot of parts left out of some for same or less money. Does anyone have one? How is the handling and ride?

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many of us have some type of budget limitation, but like many other products, what you pay for is what you get at the low end with lift kits. I noticed in your profile you have a TF leveling kit. Unlike leveling kits, there can be very dramatic differences in ride, handling and build quality between lift kits. More parts for the buck does not necessarily mean more bang for the buck, particularly in the long run.

You picked a quality brand for you leveling kit. Have you considered the TF lift kits?

There is a ton of threads discussing the virtue of every brand of lift kit & shock combo. Check those out for the differences.

If you are not going to install it yourself, I would also review the feedback on shops. Many of the forum sponsors get nothing but
Old 09-25-2013, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spinlock
Many of us have some type of budget limitation, but like many other products, what you pay for is what you get at the low end with lift kits. I noticed in your profile you have a TF leveling kit. Unlike leveling kits, there can be very dramatic differences in ride, handling and build quality between lift kits. More parts for the buck does not necessarily mean more bang for the buck, particularly in the long run. You picked a quality brand for you leveling kit. Have you considered the TF lift kits? There is a ton of threads discussing the virtue of every brand of lift kit & shock combo. Check those out for the differences. If you are not going to install it yourself, I would also review the feedback on shops. Many of the forum sponsors get nothing but
Thanks I will check and I will be installing myself. I was looking for full traction info. They appear to be well made. I held some of one in my hand at the store last week. They are not cheap from what I could tell.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-25-2013, 09:05 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the 3" premium plus on my 2008. Worked great. Easy install. All necessary parts in the kit.

Quick Reply: Lift kits