Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift kits

Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am working up a list of parts for the lift and tires I am getting ready to do. Part of that plan is to use stock Rubi rims with 37" tires. To make it work I am going to use 1.5" spacers from Northridge.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cold
I am working up a list of parts for the lift and tires I am getting ready to do. Part of that plan is to use stock Rubi rims with 37" tires. To make it work I am going to use 1.5" spacers from Northridge.
Spacers are certainly one way to get it done. I decided against spacers due to the added possibility of problems associated with spacers. I don't have any direct evidence of problems with spacers, but I figured that if there were no spacers present, there was no way possible to experience problems with them.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
Spacers are certainly one way to get it done. I decided against spacers due to the added possibility of problems associated with spacers. I don't have any direct evidence of problems with spacers, but I figured that if there were no spacers present, there was no way possible to experience problems with them.
I felt the same way until I came accross a couple JK's running stock rims with bigger tires. As long as you use a style like spidertrax, that bolt to the jeep then the rims bolt to the spacer you "should" be ok.

For me it's a temporary thing until I can get beadlockers.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

I currently have 33s on my 4dr jk with no lift and stock wheels. Does anyone know if I will need anything after getting the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift? Example: will I need different wheels?
Old 11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Cold

I felt the same way until I came accross a couple JK's running stock rims with bigger tires. As long as you use a style like spidertrax, that bolt to the jeep then the rims bolt to the spacer you "should" be ok.

For me it's a temporary thing until I can get beadlockers.
You will be fine with the spacers. I have run mine for a year and a half with no issues. Just make sure they are installed correctly and check the torque periodically and you will be fine
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
then id say a 2.5" lift would be best. fits 35s good. and doesnt look OVERLY awkward with the big lift and smaller tires.
teraflex 2.5" is your best bet.
I'm planning on lifting my JKU rubi with a RE standard coil 3.5" lift. Do I need to replace the front sway bars? If so, what's the best quick disconnects?
Old 11-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconRage

I'm planning on lifting my JKU rubi with a RE standard coil 3.5" lift. Do I need to replace the front sway bars? If so, what's the best quick disconnects?
I would go with JKS discos

Quick Reply: lift kits