Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Kit under $1,100

Old 05-29-2015, 10:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just recently installed the 2.5" coil lift from teraflex, I netted about 3.25 inches in total with the installation of a steel bumper plus tire carrier. I also installed some 315.75.17s, no clearance issues except for some extreme flexing situations where I'll get a tiny bit of rub. I also had to remove the stock air dam, no issues with the removal. I paid somewhere in the 750 range, so definitely under a grand. The 9550 shocks or whatever from teraflex were back ordered so I went with skyjacker m95 monotubes.

Definitely no regrets with this lift what so ever, will be adding a front stubby soon and expect a little sag from that and winch, so i will just be adding a couple 3/4 inch pucks up front to level it out.

I would actually fully recommend this lift, I am very happy with how it turned out.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I run a teraflex leveling kit with 18/59 springs on my JKU with Monroe reflex monotube shocks. I run my Jeep off road a lot. No, I don't rock crawl, its more overlanding/expedition type, but I do wheel ALOT. I have no issues with my kit, I have added airbags in the rear coils to aid in carrying my pop up camper and camping gear in the rear. But if your not rock crawling and needing every 1/16" of flex, a spacer lift like mine is a great choice when paired with a good set of shocks. My jeep rides better than stock, drives better than stock and with the 33's, its much more capable than stock.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You might as well add you pan on buying an airplane and a big boat to you list and state you are on a thin budget. If money is tight keep it stock for a while and enjoy it. You bought a rubicon and it is good to go if you can drive off road.
The lifts you mentioned and the amount of lift you list will cost you way more then $1100 in the end to get a decent ride and performance as they are incomplete and use cheap fixes for some of the geometry correction like cam bolts, which may be alright for a small car but on a heavy off road vehicle they can be trouble.

As for research red the stickies at the top of the page to gain some knowledge of suspensions and what you may really need and do a google search on "how to do a google search" so you can do effective searching and not come up with a million hits on a specific search.

Good luck with the build.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:01 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
You might as well add you pan on buying an airplane and a big boat to you list and state you are on a thin budget. If money is tight keep it stock for a while and enjoy it. You bought a rubicon and it is good to go if you can drive off road.
The lifts you mentioned and the amount of lift you list will cost you way more then $1100 in the end to get a decent ride and performance as they are incomplete and use cheap fixes for some of the geometry correction like cam bolts, which may be alright for a small car but on a heavy off road vehicle they can be trouble.

As for research red the stickies at the top of the page to gain some knowledge of suspensions and what you may really need and do a google search on "how to do a google search" so you can do effective searching and not come up with a million hits on a specific search.

Good luck with the build.
I'm not one to disagree with dirtman as he is a highly knowledgeable man with great offroading and fab knowledge. But I will say sometimes the RC stuff gets a bad rap. I've been running the 3.5 series 2 for over 2 years and 50k miles with 3 k of it offroad and disconnected. I thought it was a temp deal that I would replace and I do still want to but it hasn't given me a reason to yet. I go wheeling with it for 6 hours on the weekends then hit the highway for 75-80mph for 2 hour each way to and from the trails. The biggest thing is just maintenance your stuff. Just my 2 cents
Old 05-30-2015, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2BAJeep
There are a lot of threads about lifts. If you are going to run 35s I would go with a tereflex 2.5 budget boost. After 2.5 inches of lift you are going to have to look at other things you will have to address. Staying at 2.5 reduces the need for other components. Just my two cents. Again, lots of info out there about it.
This is a good recommendation

Quick Reply: Lift Kit under $1,100