Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit suggestios

Old 05-14-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You want a progressive rate spring and a quality shock to fix your ride. Look at MetalCloak's dual rate coil springs and Bilstein 5100 or OME shocks as an example. Longer arms won't fix the "rough" in Rough Country.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since your driving on a lot of washboard, some remote reservoir Fox 2.0 shocks will drastically smooth out the rough off road ride having more sensitive dampening than non res shocks. I too am forced to deal with a ton of washboard where I live, running Fox 2.0 remote res shocks paired with EVO plush ride coils smooths out all the off road ride.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik
You want a progressive rate spring and a quality shock to fix your ride. Look at MetalCloak's dual rate coil springs and Bilstein 5100 or OME shocks as an example. Longer arms won't fix the "rough" in Rough Country.
X2 progressive rate springs are nice. RK makes some too. Mine ride pretty good. The Fox shocks are a bit stiffer on the highway than the 5100s.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SBEII
X2 progressive rate springs are nice. RK makes some too. Mine ride pretty good. The Fox shocks are a bit stiffer on the highway than the 5100s.
x2 on the Fox being stiffer. I ran Bilstein 5100's before the Fox RR's. The Bilsteins were a nicer ride on road, off road though Fox takes the cake IMO.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4

They should keep you very close. Are the arms adjustable? What about the track bars?

As stated above the 5100's are the Bilstien shocks.
No the arms are not adjustable. They are the factory arms. Just some drop down brackets. Its a cheap setup but at the time I was anxious to get it sitting on 35's and their lift was the cheapest and said " that's a helluva deal" we'll as u can tell now I'm kicking myself in the a** and wish I would've just put up the money and did some more research in the beginning. What is your website to see the products you promote?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rpc2638
No the arms are not adjustable. They are the factory arms. Just some drop down brackets. Its a cheap setup but at the time I was anxious to get it sitting on 35's and their lift was the cheapest and said " that's a helluva deal" we'll as u can tell now I'm kicking myself in the a** and wish I would've just put up the money and did some more research in the beginning. What is your website to see the products you promote?
We have a link to our Facebook and our website in our signature but to make things easier here are the links.

http://www.smashboogie4x4.com/Default.asp

https://www.facebook.com/Smashboogie4x4

If you take a look at our Facebook you can see the products in action.

We are also working up the information you requested and will PM you back shortly!!