Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit suggestions...

Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit suggestions...

I know this is a never ending dilemma...I would appreciate some insight please!!

Bumping up to 37's...I really want the Off Road Evo Double D 4" lift but I just can't afford it

Here are the other options I am looking at:

Clayton Off road 4.5"

Teraflex 4" full 8 arm flex system

Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex

or maybe the Off Road Evo Enforcer...

Can you guys tell me the pro's and con's to all these lifts??

Which is the "best"? I know that's a loaded question...

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

I'm running the Rubicon Express lift, it is by no means the best out there but works well for the cost. I don't like the spring rate or the shocks! Spring rate is a little high and the shocks plain suck!
My suggestion, bye the offload Evo plush ride 4" springs at 188$ per side do the three link rear from full traction and use a solid set of control arms up front obviously front trac bar and flip the steering use the Evo it works well! But this is all just my opinion! Good luck
Old 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by bbillups75
I'm running the Rubicon Express lift, it is by no means the best out there but works well for the cost. I don't like the spring rate or the shocks! Spring rate is a little high and the shocks plain suck!
My suggestion, bye the offload Evo plush ride 4" springs at 188$ per side do the three link rear from full traction and use a solid set of control arms up front obviously front trac bar and flip the steering use the Evo it works well! But this is all just my opinion! Good luck
This is a JK, no such thing as a three link other than Rancho's reverse three link
Old 09-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by JKLarson
I know this is a never ending dilemma...I would appreciate some insight please!!

Bumping up to 37's...I really want the Off Road Evo Double D 4" lift but I just can't afford it

Here are the other options I am looking at:

Clayton Off road 4.5"

Teraflex 4" full 8 arm flex system

Rubicon Express 4.5" Super Flex

or maybe the Off Road Evo Enforcer...

Can you guys tell me the pro's and con's to all these lifts??

Which is the "best"? I know that's a loaded question...

Thanks in advance!!!

You will be very happy with the EVO MFG Enforcer kit, its upgradable to the double D kit when you have the extra cash to upgrade
Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

There is not much difference in price from the EVO DoubleD to the Clayton & the RubiEx once you add shocks and such. If you are looking to do yourself a lot of hard wheelin' I would say spend the extra $$$ and go DD (as you can never go wrong with DDs). But if you are simply looking for a 4" lift and the ability to run trails and such, save a lil bit of $ and go with the ENFORCER and put some of that extra money into other things. All-in-all though, none of those choices are bad...

Good Luck!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
You will be very happy with the EVO MFG Enforcer kit, its upgradable to the double D kit when you have the extra cash to upgrade
How do you do that? What parts or kit do I need?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by JKLarson
How do you do that? What parts or kit do I need?

Thanks!
the cost is $2299.99
Here's a photo of the complete kit

The Double D upgrade comes with front and rear control arm brackets, mounting hardware, Upper front and rear control arms, Lower front and rear control arms.

The Enforcer kit uses the same flip kit, coils, shocks, rear trackbar bracket, bump stops as the Double D long arm.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

the cost is $2299.99

The Double D upgrade comes with front and rear control arm brackets, mounting hardware, Upper front and rear control arms, Lower front and rear control arms.

The Enforcer kit uses the same flip kit, coils, shocks, rear trackbar bracket, bump stops as the Double D long arm.
Thanks! You guys always give the best advice...I really want to go with Off Road Evo...NEVER heard a bad word about any product out there and I have heard praises about the plush ride coils!
Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I put fox shocks with my rubicon express super-flex and love it. Would of loved the evo long arm but needed to buy tires and rims. Probably add the evo coil over down the line.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

the cost is $2299.99

Sorry, one more question...

How big of a difference is there between the bilstein 5100's and the Evo Spec king 2.0's?? Could I go with the bilsteins at first with the enforcer and then upgrade to the evo's when I upgrade it to the double d to save some cash up front?

Quick Reply: Lift kit suggestions...