Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which lift kit is right?

Old 07-26-2012, 06:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is the sidewall is thin and they tear them on rocks.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have used BFG on every four wheel drive I have owned and they have always served me well.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have KM2's on my JK and love them. I haven't had them long enough yet to judge tire wear and am still waiting to break them in on a serious trail so I can't say anything about that side. On road so far they have been great, quiet and they handle well. With the little bit of off road I've used them for I can't complain. I don't think it matters what tires you have, someone will always have a complaint. When I had my MTr's I heard nothing but horror stories about them and now all I hear is negative about the BFGs. You can't win.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have them, they are nice on road. But they have chunked really badly, the side wall is thin, and they were horrible in snow. I won't be buying them again. But for someone who does a lot of on road driving and not a lit of wheeling I might recommend them.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have run BFG MT's for years, all three generations of them. My only complaint has always been the weaker sidewalls. Down here in Texas we have a lot of Limestone on the trails and it cuts through the sidewalls like a knife through butter. I think they have a great look, you always get pretty decent mileage out of them, and they are usually priced competitively. I have run the Goodyear MTR Kevlars and I hated everything about them, definitely not going back with that tire again. Buy what you like and don't worry about the haters, there's always going to be one out there.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:13 AM
Bjl
JK Newbie

I've been running a set of km2's for 3 years and still have plenty of tread left. When these wear out Im getting another set, i love them and have no complaints. I haven't had a single problem off road either, not one chunk from all the rocks!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been running km2s for a while, good on the road but I have ripped two side walls and will not keep them when they are worn out. But if u not climbing rocks get them.
AMen
Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bjl
I've been running a set of km2's for 3 years and still have plenty of tread left. When these wear out Im getting another set, i love them and have no complaints. I haven't had a single problem off road either, not one chunk from all the rocks!
What up waxahachie, I moved to HB CA from there. Love the place but the weather here is nice.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Paper thin sidewalls, not extremely stable on the road, and soft rubber. Never again. Toyos or Nitto for me.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive run bfg km2 and nitto trail graps. The post above about soft rubber and unstable on road sounds more like the nitto or toyo to me. Weaker sidewalls, yes. My problem with the bfg, and why i just bought nitto 37s is that in the larger sizes the bfg is 0.5" smaller. Bfg will get more miles than a nitto trail grap or toyo mt

Quick Reply: Which lift kit is right?