Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit recommendations??? Airbag lifts??

Old 03-03-2017, 09:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright,

This is just a rant, but slightly on subject.

Saw a unlimited Rubi today driving around man it looked good. Nice wheels, tires, lights, bumpers, it was sweet.

After I started looking at it, the suspension was I felt where it fell short. Of course this is just my opinion, but I've been there before. Not to mention spent many hours working towards getting it right.

Then again, everyone has a different use. That's where it all goes to hypothetical and irrelevant.

If you only wanna run 35s and wheel 10x a year, while racking up 10-15k miles a year daily driving the jk, you DONT need a lift.

If you WANT a lift, which face it, even celebs lift their, boobs, butt, lip, and brow. Lift it, but you don't even need 2" to do it.

So don't go all Human Ken Doll, and it will be just fine.
Old 03-03-2017, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I completely agree with sa29560, it would be more cost effective to spend the money on a set of fenders that allow you to run a bigger tire size if you don't plan on wheeling alot. The stock JK sspension can do lot more then you would think.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Presume you're talking $6k for the Airock which is completely redonk, both in form and price.
The price quote I was giving for lift, wheels, tire holder, etc. which is $4k less than the dealer
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sa29560
Alright, This is just a rant, but slightly on subject. Saw a unlimited Rubi today driving around man it looked good. Nice wheels, tires, lights, bumpers, it was sweet. After I started looking at it, the suspension was I felt where it fell short. Of course this is just my opinion, but I've been there before. Not to mention spent many hours working towards getting it right. Then again, everyone has a different use. That's where it all goes to hypothetical and irrelevant. If you only wanna run 35s and wheel 10x a year, while racking up 10-15k miles a year daily driving the jk, you DONT need a lift. If you WANT a lift, which face it, even celebs lift their, boobs, butt, lip, and brow. Lift it, but you don't even need 2" to do it. So don't go all Human Ken Doll, and it will be just fine.
I doubt I will go off roading more than 3-5 times a year. I definitely reconsidering the lift initially after looking into what everyone has said. I like the idea of saving the money on the lift and just getting wheels and tires for the moment. Curious if I'll mess up anything by putting 35" tires on without a lift. Changing the fenders is definitely on my list of mods I want to do.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ther you go then.

Get a sick set of fenders, your beauty 35s and wheelies.

I personally love the nemesis flares, while pricey, they look awesome.

Or roll a eBay set for like 600 all around.

Quick Reply: Lift kit recommendations??? Airbag lifts??