Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit rebuild

Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit rebuild

I bought an 07 JKU that already has a Skyjacker 4inch suspension lift. Does anyone know if you can buy a rebuild kit for lifts? Quite a few of the poly bushings are worn and it appears its been a while since things have been tightened or even touched. Im already looking into the Grade 8 bolt kit to strengthen things up and ive got a Teraflex track bar on the list among other front end upgrades. Ive already had my first and hopefully last experience of Death Wobble.. The lift itself appears to be in good condition, just needs a bit of freshening up. Thanks in advance!!
Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure Skyjacker will sale you some. I have a fairly new Skyjacker lift on mine, and had one of the bushings in a rear lower control arm go out (it basically crumbled into pieces and fell apart by the time I started hearing the sleeve squeak against the control arm mount) so I called them up, and they sent me a free replacement bushing set and sleeve. They're simple to install, they're actually 2 piece bushings, just grease them a bit, slide them in and push the sleeve in, then torque to 125 AFTER its back on the ground. I'm sure they won't "give" yours to you like that, but i'm just saying that they'll have them. On the other hand, when I found the bushing had worn that fast, I thought about contacting daystar, or energy suspension, someone that specializes in polyurethane bushings, and giving them the dimensions of the control arm bushing holes, and seeing if they had something better. If I have another one do it, I'm going to try that route.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:28 PM
JK Freak

Awesome, good info.. Thanks man!!
Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Freak

Default Findings

I have been searching the web to try and find the best deal I can on upgrading certain parts and also replace some that I feel are worn. I had the opportunity to deal with "Death Wobble" and I will do everything I can to prevent this from happeneing again. It was quite possibly one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced while driving. With some help from a couple forum members, and some shopping around, here is what I have found so far...

Skyjacker:
Dual Steering Stabilizer
Polyurathane Bushing Kit
Shocks

Rockkrawler.com:
The JK Ultimate Steering Package
Heavy Duty Tie Rod
(Certain OEM parts need to be purchased)

Northridge4x4.com:
Grade 8 Bolt Pack

If anything I would recommend you at the very least go to Rockkrawler.com and look at their product. There is some good looking stuff in there and it's at a very reasonable price.

*Please note this is everything "I" need to get my JK safe to drive again. I did not post prices of anything because I am still reading through the forum rules and was unsure.

I am still searching for the best deal for Wheels/Tires. The "For Sale" thread has some great deals, but I'm waiting to pull the trigger on that.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just know that a steering stabilizer won't cure your DW.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Just know that a steering stabilizer won't cure your DW.
Right, that's where the Steering package comes in. It replaces the Track bar and the Drag link
Old 03-11-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Philip *AZ*

Right, that's where the Steering package comes in. It replaces the Track bar and the Drag link
Ahh. Then your good I hope you get everything figure out :p

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

Thank you, ME too..
Old 03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Got my grade 8 bolt upgrade ordered today. Northridge4x4 has fantastic customer service. I will definitely be buying from them soon
Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Default More parts

I got my Bolt kid from Northridge4x4. I crawled under the jeep today getting ready to start the tear down and replacement. After a further/closer less hasty inspection I noticed I needed to order more parts. I put everything away, came home and got on the NET. I will be oredering a JKS track bar and their steering stabilizer kit along with a Skyjacker LCA bushing kit. I might have a bad passenger side wheel bearing too, but I will be getting into that mess tomorrow. Too frustrated to even think about what I might (hopefully dont) have to replace next. I was going to go with a dual SS, but many people said it would be too much for what I need. I was hoping to be getting tires, but this stuff needs to be done first, its not safe/fun to even drive the Jeep right now, it's a white knuckle drive wondering if/when the DW will show its ugly face.

Quick Reply: Lift kit rebuild