Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Kit Questions / Where to buy

Old 03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit Questions / Where to buy

Well, I got permission to buy a lift kit for my new jeep. I've got a 2012 JKU Sahara with the 3.21 gears. I drive 35 miles one way to work, all high way. Haven't done any off roading yet as I only have 900 miles on my jeep and my previous 3 vehicles were all import tuners. I do want to get into off roading but nothing to crazy. I will be staying with my stock rims and tires for about a year and would like to get 33's later. I think I've decided on the 2.5" Tera Flex kit with the Bilstein 5100 shocks. I also looked at the Rock Krawler kit but for what I'm going to be doing I don't know if I need to spend twice the money. Should I spend the extra $150 and get the Tera Flex disco's or wait on those? Also where can I get a good price on this lift kit, I can't find it anywhere with the shocks I want in a kit already, do I need to by the lift minus shocks and then order shocks separately? If there is anything else you can think of I should know please chime in. TThanks for all the help.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

The teraflex kit is great and yes, I would get the Quick Disconnects. Will allow more flex

And here is a great place to buy everything

Http://www.northridge4x4.com
Old 03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
The teraflex kit is great and yes, I would get the Quick Disconnects. Will allow more flex

And here is a great place to buy everything

Http://www.northridge4x4.com

Any chance you know if they offer a package with the Bilstein Shocks, I see the Tera Flex kit minus shocks and a kit with Tera Flex Shocks but nothing with the 5100's?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

Forgot, since I"m going to be running stock Sahara wheels and tires for a year am I going to need spacers?
Old 03-13-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by grover0878
Any chance you know if they offer a package with the Bilstein Shocks, I see the Tera Flex kit minus shocks and a kit with Tera Flex Shocks but nothing with the 5100's?
Call David at Northridge4x4. He'll put together a package for you.

Forgot, since I"m going to be running stock Sahara wheels and tires for a year am I going to need spacers?
Yes, you'll most likely want to pick up a set of 1.5" spacers. Spidertrax is a popular choice.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...h-teraflex-2.5
Old 03-13-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope, they don't sell a kit that I know of :/ but you can buy them separate for around 800
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a package from Northridge, Teraflex 2.5" spring lift with the Bilstein 5100 shocks, ordered over the phone. Great deal, quick shipping, and the customer service from Dirk over the phone was great.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're going to be running stock wheels AND tires, you can save the money on the spacers, until you decide to change tires to a larger size. The factory tire/wheel combo is set up to work as is, and adding a lift will only give those more room, in my opinion (others can chime in if they agree/disagree). The spacers are usually needed when going with taller and wider tires on a stock wheel, as they will need more clearance/backspacing than the stock wheels have. That being said, if you want them to LOOK wider, stick out slightly more, then the spacers would be a good option.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Call Northridge, just because its not on the website doesn't mean that they can't help u ! Just give them a call and explain your situation!
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

For alot of highay driving, we would concider really looking at a few things. First, make sure the system you buy comes with a front track for 2.5" of lift so your front axle is not cocked in the vehicle. This will cause your vehicle to dog track down the road. Since you are also doing alot of highway driving, make sure you get some form of correction for caster. Preferably adjustable control arms.

Please note: all of our systems are upgradeable so no matter where you start you can add components. All of our systems include front sway bar disconnects as well.

For your application, we would recommend starting with our 2.5" Flex System and Bilstein 5100's. Northridge can hook you up with a nice package as well.

Good Luck with your build!

RK

Quick Reply: Lift Kit Questions / Where to buy