Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit question about AEV 3.5

Old 09-29-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift kit question about AEV 3.5

Hey guys can somebody help me!!!! I been trying to make up my mind on what lift should i get. I just bought a new 2013 jku sport. First I was thinking about a BDS lift with bilstein shocks or maybe fox 2.0. Now after reading a few threads on this forum peoplenare talking great about AEV.. So does anyone can help me telling me what are the main differences between the AEV 3.5 SC and the and ST besides the $400 difference.. I use mynjeep as a DD and i do sometimes some off roading nothing heavy. Planning on running 35s. So can somebody please tell me some advise. Since with those $400 i can spend them in different mods. Or is there another lift kit to consider?http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...uspension.html. Here is the link from AEV justbin case it helps
Thanks for looking
Old 09-29-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

For your purposes the AEV would suit you fine. If you are going to run 35's I would consider the AEV 2.5 with the geometry correction brackets or adjustable lowers. No need to spend the money for the 3.5. The 2.5 is priced well and is a real good kit. For your stated use I think the AEV 2.5 would be a good choice. There are many good choices such as Rancho, Teraflex, or Rock Krawler. You really cant go wrong with any of them. I can speak from experience and say that the AEV 2.5 handles extremely well on pavement and performs admirably off-road....nothing extreme....but it will get you through most moderate to difficult off-road trails.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

The ST and SC include basically the same components, the difference is that for the additional $400 dollars for the SC kit, you get the high steer Kit, a new steering damper (either OME or Bilstein), ProCal Module, and the AEV jack base (orange looking thing).

Last edited by Incognito; 09-29-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Incognito
The ST and SC include basically the same components, the difference is that for the additional $400 dollars for the SC kit, you get the high steer Kit, a new steering damper (either OME or Bilstein), ProCal Module, and the AEV jack base (orange looking thing).
What is the ProCal? Is it a mapping ?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

It'll let you re-program computer parameters to accommodate for bigger tires, gear changes, tire pressure, ect.

BTW, I just pulled the trigger on the 3.5 SC 2 days ago after about a year of contemplating the numerous lift kits out there. I'm putting 35s under it as well.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by guillermo28

What is the ProCal? Is it a mapping ?
This is a must have if you go up to 35s. It will adjust your shift points, correct speedometer and some other things. Regardless of lift type/size you "need" this with bigger tires.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the response I am very convince on steping up and spend the extra
Old 09-29-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Poker5150
For your purposes the AEV would suit you fine. If you are going to run 35's I would consider the AEV 2.5 with the geometry correction brackets or adjustable lowers. No need to spend the money for the 3.5. The 2.5 is priced well and is a real good kit. For your stated use I think the AEV 2.5 would be a good choice. There are many good choices such as Rancho, Teraflex, or Rock Krawler. You really cant go wrong with any of them. I can speak from experience and say that the AEV 2.5 handles extremely well on pavement and performs admirably off-road....nothing extreme....but it will get you through most moderate to difficult off-road trails.
Agree with the 2.5 for a DD and "moderate to difficult off-road trails". A 3.5 means more issues with steering geometry and driveshaft angles. If the extra inch is really needed, a 1" body lift keeps things simpler.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default how was it?

Originally Posted by Incognito
It'll let you re-program computer parameters to accommodate for bigger tires, gear changes, tire pressure, ect.

BTW, I just pulled the trigger on the 3.5 SC 2 days ago after about a year of contemplating the numerous lift kits out there. I'm putting 35s under it as well.
so how is that lift kit? did u like it? would you recommended?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I also just got the 3.5 AEV and if i had a choice to do it all again I would in a heart beat!!!

Quick Reply: Lift kit question about AEV 3.5