Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

LIFT Kit question

Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LIFT Kit question

Ok now that the Full Traction give away is over and we can now breath, i have a question. I walked in to the 4wheelparts store and was looking pricing some of the items i have on my MOD list. While there looking around the salesman at the store was trying to sell me the ProComp lift kit, is there any person here who has one or dealt with ProComp? Im just curious as to the quality and strength of ProComp's equipment. Yes, No, Maybe so?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Ya, my local 4wheelparts in tampa tried to do the same thing... totally talked me out of a teraflex kit that I was ready to buy... in the end I bought a lift from another local shop... and no one else recommended procomp!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joeydude
Ya, my local 4wheelparts in tampa tried to do the same thing... totally talked me out of a teraflex kit that I was ready to buy... in the end I bought a lift from another local shop... and no one else recommended procomp!
what did you end up getting ?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot of people will steer you away from pro comp. my dad has their 4" and his suspensions IS STIFF! very very STIFF! he's got a basic 4" stage one lift on his white 2010 JK.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
a lot of people will steer you away from pro comp. my dad has their 4" and his suspensions IS STIFF! very very STIFF! he's got a basic 4" stage one lift on his white 2010 JK.

Other than the suspension being super stiff has your dad come across any problems and has your dad taken the Jeep offroad yet?
Old 10-06-2010, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
what did you end up getting ?
I went with the zone 3" with their nitro shocks. Zone is made by BDS and I've heard good things about both. I questioned the kit because it was so cheap but I just wanted a low cost 3 inch kit while I save for control arms and drive shafts. I added a jks track bar and bds stabilizer. Rides great.

That's on 315s
Old 10-06-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than the suspension being super stiff has your dad come across any problems and has your dad taken the Jeep offroad yet?
My dad has taken the jeep off road. Pretty carelessly and rough. He had a local 4wd shop install his suspension and they added 1" spacers between the tranny skidplate and the frame. My dads got an automatic so they were aware of the front shaft.

his jeep drives pretty nice, very stiff as said before, but no altercations to this day.

Heres a few pictures:

Old 10-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joeydude
They do that because the employees are told to push procomp.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
They do that because the employees are told to push procomp.
Yeah i kind of figured that they have to push ProComp but its like going in and buying a new car, they are ruthless. I just never really heard stories of ProComp being tired and proven on the trail, unlike Terflex i can pull up numerous stories of how well it handled.

.... On a side note your guys at Teraflex need to open a store in TX, enough said.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i kind of figured that they have to push ProComp but its like going in and buying a new car, they are ruthless. I just never really heard stories of ProComp being tired and proven on the trail, unlike Terflex i can pull up numerous stories of how well it handled.

.... On a side note your guys at Teraflex need to open a store in TX, enough said.
Screaming Lizards is a TeraFlex dealer in that area.

Quick Reply: LIFT Kit question