Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift kit or pieced together.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit or pieced together.

What lift are you running? Likes and dislikes.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks. Its a well performing kit and it rides very nice on the street. Its a complete kit so the only thing you really need to add is an adjustable front track bar.

With that said, if I were to do it all again with the knowledge I have now, I would have pieced a kit together myself. I would have bought 3.5" rock krawler coils, front lower and rear upper control arms, and bilstein shocks. I already had the trackbars so I am set in that department. When you have a good grasp on how all the suspension components function together, you will be able to piece things together and build your jeep to exactly to your liking
Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my overland build:

OME hd lift
Jks track bars
Brake lines
Teraflex lower front arms
Teraflex rear uppers
Coast 1310 driveshafts

Still sitting in boxes till I get home to put the on....
Old 11-09-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Default Aev

LIFT = AEV 4" PREMIUM

TIRES = 35''

A very complete kit rides and handles way better than stock. Two thumbs up. Lots of flex for what I do.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

I have the Long Arm Terflex 3"

It's a comfortable ride with no issues, and I did get a decal. It's a big costy in general, but you get what you pay for.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

You have to be careful piecing together your own lift. It can be done with great results, but if you don't know what you are doing, you can end up with spending lots of money and getting something that is unsafe. A complete kit is engineered to work as a unit, so there shouldn't be any safety or driveability issues.

With that said, I have a 3.5" Rock Krawler XFactor Midarm system running on 35" BFG KM2 tires and I love it. I'm still trying to get the proper bumpstops for the rear, but it drives great. I was driving it with no steering stabilizer for about 2 weeks with no bumpsteer and it doesn't pull to one side or the other. My Jeep sets a little higher than I anticipated when I bought the suspension, but it looks good and more importantly rides good.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump bump bump

Quick Reply: lift kit or pieced together.