Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift kit and keeping the rake?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the replies! Definitely looking into options. Couple questions though-

1. Would adding a spacer or the RK spring wedge in the rear throw anything off handling/performance wise with the JK?

2. Would changing out the rear springs with something stiffer like the Old Man Emu ones throw off the balance of the lift kit?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreggNY
Thanks for all the replies! Definitely looking into options. Couple questions though- 1. Would adding a spacer or the RK spring wedge in the rear throw anything off handling/performance wise with the JK? 2. Would changing out the rear springs with something stiffer like the Old Man Emu ones throw off the balance of the lift kit?
Usually spring rates are matched in a set. I personally wouldnt mix n match spring brands.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckMRN
I have the TeraFlex 4" 8 arm lift and was nice and level with a winch on the front after I rotated the rear axle spring perches. Then I went Synergy 4.5 springs F&R and got the rake. I could have gone with the 3.5 in the rear and been level, but the wife really likes the rake while driving and me spotting. Says she can see so much better..
Yep
If you buy (example) 3" synergy fronts and rears, the rake will be retained.
They recommended 4" front and 3" rear for a 3-3.5" lift.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5
Hey could post a picture of your rear winch? I have a friend who's looking to add a rear winch

Matthew
Full info here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...se-why-254919/
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ended up cutting off the rear perches and welding new ones on with the correct angle. I do not trust wedges, seems a bit too Mickey Mouse for me, especially after dropping a grand plus on a new suspension.

Quick Reply: Lift kit and keeping the rake?