Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which lift kit to get!

Old 06-05-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lift kit to get!

Hey all!! Purchased my second Jeep about 2 months ago. Previously owned a 1989 Sahara which was used to get on and off the beach with no mods. I now have 2008 4 door JK soft top and am wanting to add some mods. I was wondering which lift kit to purchase, it is a daily driver, along with trips on the beach on weekends. I would like a 3-4 inch lift but don't have a clue which kit is best for my needs. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rebel offroad full coil over
Old 06-05-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Which lift to get?
You asked that on this forum?

That's like asking a pothead which kind of weed to buy!!
Old 06-06-2011, 02:39 AM
JK Newbie

As you know all weed is not the same. Not talking about weed. I'm interested in lift kits. I just asking for opinions and some type of data in order to make a rash, informed decision. I guess the real question should be: are their differences in the kits related to the jeep use as a daily driver or a Rock crawler or on sand, etc.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dwturnernc
As you know all weed is not the same. Not talking about weed. I'm interested in lift kits. I just asking for opinions and some type of data in order to make a rash, informed decision. I guess the real question should be: are their differences in the kits related to the jeep use as a daily driver or a Rock crawler or on sand, etc.
07 daily driver, I just got a teraflex 2.5. Teraflex seems to be a big one here. I got the 2.5 BB. Being where you are I guess like me, most of your wheeling time is on the beach.I come down to OBX often. I did what you are going though, trying to figure out what to do. I decided to go the least expensive route, If I need to add more later so be it. I am not a rock crawler, I am a beach rider and a back road splash in the mud once in awhile guy. It took me awhile to figure that out. I love to check out the guys rock climbing and all that but, at the end of the day that is not what I do with my jeep. I believe that is what you need to decide also, how are you really going to use your jeep.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ubermoose
Which lift to get?

Hahaha..... Damn that just made my morning..... Hahaha
Old 06-06-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madhatter

07 daily driver, I just got a teraflex 2.5. Teraflex seems to be a big one here. I got the 2.5 BB. Being where you are I guess like me, most of your wheeling time is on the beach.I come down to OBX often. I did what you are going though, trying to figure out what to do. I decided to go the least expensive route, If I need to add more later so be it. I am not a rock crawler, I am a beach rider and a back road splash in the mud once in awhile guy. It took me awhile to figure that out. I love to check out the guys rock climbing and all that but, at the end of the day that is not what I do with my jeep. I believe that is what you need to decide also, how are you really going to use your jeep.
X2..... I went with a TF 2.5" BB and swapped my stock shocks and coils out with Rubis's.... Decent upgrade, better ride and very wallet friendly. Just throw a pair of JKS quicker discos on the front and your jeep will be transformed to handle bigger tires, obstacles, beach, etc....
Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by dwturnernc
Hey all!! Purchased my second Jeep about 2 months ago. Previously owned a 1989 Sahara which was used to get on and off the beach with no mods. I now have 2008 4 door JK soft top and am wanting to add some mods. I was wondering which lift kit to purchase, it is a daily driver, along with trips on the beach on weekends. I would like a 3-4 inch lift but don't have a clue which kit is best for my needs. Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!!
Thats a nice upgrade from a YJ to a JK!!!

Decide what size tire you want to run and then decide on a height. 3" lift and 35's is generally a good choice for a 4 door JK.

We have several different options to get you there. I would suggest a 3" premium plus. Noise and maintenance free.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sir

Our 2.5" Max. Travel and 3.5" X Factor Systems are really popular choices for the on-road/ off-road enthusiasts.

Welcome to JK ownership and the JK Forum.

Rock Krawler Suspension
Old 06-06-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ubermoose
Which lift to get?

X2 made my morning.

Quick Reply: Which lift kit to get!