Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift kit

Old 02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not neccesarily ... if I went with 37 inches i would have barely any room for flex left over if i was flexed out all the way. My tire was crushing into my rear passanger tire well a few weeks ago.

I have 35 inchers. If I had 37 inchers I would have had a lot let room.

It also matters on how much of tire you want. Rock crawling mud .. if your gonna just be driving around town, like lots of people doo ... theres a lot more to it.

I could have gone with 33 inch tires ... and had a lot more rom and better gas mileage also ....
Old 02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
not neccesarily ... if I went with 37 inches i would have barely any room for flex left over if i was flexed out all the way. My tire was crushing into my rear passanger tire well a few weeks ago.

It also matters on how much of tire you want. Rock crawling mud .. if your gonna just be driving around town, like lots of people doo ... theres a lot more to it.

I could have gone with 33 inch tires ... and had a lot more rom and better gas mileage also ....
So, if I almost always just drive around town, highway etc, but want to put lifts on for appearance, is there a "best option" choice and will the lifts provide better handling, feel, etc? I'm not new to Jeeps, but I'm new to this type of mod.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkgirl08

I should add that I have a 2008 JK Sahara 4 door 4x4 with stock 33" tires.

Quick Reply: lift kit