Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift kit

Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with MKJeep.

I know a few people that have a BB 2 or 2.5 and they are running 33's perfectly fine.

CMYJeep he just got his 3.5 inch and its closer to 4" .. you can always do a body lift too like said ...

I like my tires... the kinda suck in the rain. They're awesome on the trails and with climbing (so far!)

I have more "testing" to do to see how well they handle. I know in petersens they placed them 3rd in their tire test .. in Feb or March's

Otherwise though ... don't regear like said before. I was going to ... didn't. Money ... was a lot of dough, and I asked on ehre and lots of guys said not too, and see ho wI liked it and how it handled. It handles just fine.

Now, if I do wheeling more hardcore, like more rockcrawling and hill climbs (around here hills are huge!) I will get it on video this weekend when we go out .... I would consider it ... but after getting lockers!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the advice your Jeep Looks great!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 05:33 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2dr with an RE 2" bb, just threw on 33's last night. Looks good to me and everything seems to fit fine.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

You can't compare 4DR results with 2DR results.

You mentioned that you are looking at the FT 3" lift - I got much more than 3" from the FT Ultimate with HD springs on my 2DR and I sit about an inch higher than a few guys with much bigger lifts. The proof is when you sit them side by side. I absolutely love the way it looks and the way it handles both on and off road, so the FT is a great choice.

I did replace my front drive shaft because it started leaking the first time I climbed a rock garden (less than 24 hours after the lift and tires) and I'd rather be safe than have to deal with breakage on the trail (as much as possible ). Like I said, it's much more than 3". But not everyone has had that same experience so YMMV - a lot of the guys haven't had to replace theirs yet and just keep an eye on it.

I can't even imagine trying to drive up a hill if I didn't regear, but I have big heavy Toyo 35's on mine and I'm usually loaded down with gear. If you have a lighter tire/wheel combo and you're not carrying fuel/water/gear for primitive camping in the desert all the time, it may not be as bad.

If you do go with the FT 3" on your 2DR, you're probably going to decide that 33's look too small. I've got plenty of room for 37's, but I love mine just the way it is. It's probably too much lift on a 2DR if you're set on running 33's, but the FT 3" Ultimate (with HD springs if you've got bumper/winch) and 35's is a very sweet combination on a 2DR.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

agreed. I didn't even see that he had a two door. Two completely different setups.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

I am considering having lift installed at CNC Offroad in Kenosha, has anyone dealt with them?? Pros or cons, they seem reasonable over the phone and pricewise also. Thank You for any input!!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

PS does anyone have Parnelli Jones tires?? Do you like them??? Thanks
Old 02-23-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Good Morning
Old 02-23-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
That's a matter of opinion. You don't need much of a lift to clear 33" tires. If you're going with a 3" lift you might think about 35" tires.

With 33" tires you probably won't NEED to replace your driveline or gears, but it wouldn't hurt. With 35" tires you'll probably want to replace at least your gears, but the driveline is still optional. For best results though, replacing both would be recommended - which is why your dealer probably said that.

If you're going with a 3" lift you might think about 35" tires.

Sometimes I think this is backwards. Consider the size tire you want, then the lift to accommodate them? And then the rest of the items can be included or omitted.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Point well taken, Thanks Have a Good Day!!

Quick Reply: lift kit