Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift installed and rancho exhaust pipe and now have rattle

Old 12-21-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift installed and rancho exhaust pipe and now have rattle

Ok has anyone had an issue with their exhaust rattling after lift?? sounds like my exhaust pipe is hitting the frame somewhere at certain rpms I have a 2.5 flex and the rancho head pipe. I can't see where it would be close enough to anything to make the noise and it only does it under load (so I cant rev it up on a lift and make it happen)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Are you sure it's not a loose heat shield. When I did my exhaust I had a rattling noise at certain rpm as well. It sounded like it was right below the driver seat. Turns out the heat shield that is above the muffler was actually sitting on the muffler. Remove shield rattle gone.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your heat shield on your cross over section of your exhaust, right in front along your cross member. The tack welds are very prone to breaking, pry on it to see if any are broken. If so, a band clamp or two will fix ya up. This is a very common source of rattles at low rpm's under load.
Old 12-26-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by k0260
Check your heat shield on your cross over section of your exhaust, right in front along your cross member. The tack welds are very prone to breaking, pry on it to see if any are broken. If so, a band clamp or two will fix ya up. This is a very common source of rattles at low rpm's under load.
again....jk-forum answers are the best!......heat shield was loose....must have been when the guy was welding up the new exhaust pipe....right as rain now!
Old 12-26-2013, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by capjim
again....jk-forum answers are the best!......heat shield was loose....must have been when the guy was welding up the new exhaust pipe....right as rain now!
Great to hear Mine's broke in two places

Quick Reply: lift installed and rancho exhaust pipe and now have rattle