Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift installed

Old 02-26-2016, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a 2dr you may want to do as many of us 2dr owners have done . Rotate the rear diff up being that DS is at a really bad angle too and twill make it last longer
Old 02-26-2016, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Gary2
Being a 2dr you may want to do as many of us 2dr owners have done . Rotate the rear diff up being that DS is at a really bad angle too and twill make it last longer
I like that idea. How do I go about doing that?
Old 02-26-2016, 10:06 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepster904
Control arms.

You would rotate the top of the rear housing backward using longer upper arms (or adjustables), or rotate the bottom of the housing forward using shorter lower arms (or adjustables).

Note that the pinion rotates up some with the lift. So before you go indiscriminately throwing parts at it just to throw parts at it, check the current rear pinion/driveshaft angles. If you decide to adjust the pinion, you might also want to consider the angles the coil perches are rotating to (you could end up causing the coils to bow or something else that wasn't intended...)

Up front, if you wanted to raise the caster to get rid of the flighty handling from the lift, you would do the same thing - rotate the housing. Except up front you would rotate the pinion down for better caster numbers. (the front is a bit of a trade-off between good pinion angle and good caster angle. Should not be an issue at these 2.5" heights, just something to be aware of)
Old 02-27-2016, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

I PMed you back. 4" of lift on a 2dr their is no question it needs attention unless RC provided some but I doubt they did. It can be a pain to do as many things can have contact issues. You can do some searches or maybe google to see how other have handed some of the issues
Old 02-27-2016, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Yes upper CA's but unless you are at 4" plus i would not worry about it.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

I just realized someone else PMed me and I answered them sorry about that.

Quick Reply: lift installed