Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Installation / Mechanic Advice

Old 01-15-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look around here on the board & I bet you can find someone to help you install it yourself. I know I've seen a few guys from the North Shore. Search for "Louisiana" in the "The South" section.

I helped one of the guys here in Shreveport put his 3" lift in last month. It's not that hard, certainly not worth $600 or $700 dollars to me.

Make a road trip up here to go to Barnwell Mountain ORV Park & I bet we could get a few guys to install you lift in an afternoon at my house, then try it out the next day on trails!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just gonna go ahead and echo some stuff already mentioned...I've told another guy on this forum to save himself a TON of cash and instead invest a couple hundred in a decent torque wrench, socket set and strong arm...your already planning on spending a whack of cash to get a mechanic to do it potentially without a warranty or paper trail right? Do yourself a favour and research it a little and do it yourself...you'll feel alot better about it and you'll have more cash left over for more stuff....
Also, the Nth degree kit is a complete bolt on kit right? So your laughing man. Set aside a day and rock through it.....and DEFINATELY toss those cam bolts...with the money your saving by doing it yourself you can get some nice frnt lower adjustable control arms

Last edited by BlackNorthernJK; 01-15-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI... I was looking on another post & there's a JK-Forum guy in New Orleans (JK Rocker) about to put a lift on his 4-DR. You might have a "Work Party."

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/south-49/any-nola-jeepers-52030/
Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey...I live in Franklinton LA! I will be home Sunday(I think)...You could drive over to my place and we can put it on! I did my RC 2.5 Coil lift with help of a friend...I'm sure we can do it! I wouldnt go to any shops around you!!!!! The only on I trust is "the mud hole" in New Orleans!! Northshore4x4 and 4x4 Specialties are a joke!!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Stone,
I dont know if you checked these places, but there is a place in Prairieville called Searchers and there is also Steves 4WD and Automotive in Harahan.

corey d
Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the responses and advice. Sacdaddy03 - I appreciate the offer but I dropped it off this morning at the shop down the street. I really wanted to do it myself but I'm overloaded with tasks and didn't have the patience to wait until I have time to do it myself. Might solicit your help on something else later on down the line. Thanks again.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stone
Thanks for the responses and advice. Sacdaddy03 - I appreciate the offer but I dropped it off this morning at the shop down the street. I really wanted to do it myself but I'm overloaded with tasks and didn't have the patience to wait until I have time to do it myself. Might solicit your help on something else later on down the line. Thanks again.
Anytime man! Just curious...who did you get to put it on? And if you have got tires yet...Atlas Tire right there Lowes in Covington gave me some damn good prices on Destination M/T's!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

I got Car Medics on LA59 to install it. I have used them many times and they are stand-up guys as far as I can tell. I have not gotten wheels and tires yet but I'm sure as soon as I get it back with the lift then I will be on the hunt. Been looking at pictures for a couple of hours to decide what rims I want. I will be sure to check them out. I know where they are.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Sounds good man, hope to see it lifted and around town!

Quick Reply: Lift Installation / Mechanic Advice