Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift install tips and tricks

Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking at that one. Can you give me advice on a decent air compressor that is not extremely expensive.?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To run air tools your gonna need one that's probably gonna run you no less tha $350-$400. Check Home Depot, they ussually have descent compressors in that range. Sears tends to have better compressors that last longer, but mo money. Actually if you can afford more get the biggest one you can pushing the most CFM.

Last edited by mkjeep; 05-27-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I have Dewalt 1/2in electric impact that kicks ass. I use the air-rachet, no-name brand to run up stuff I can't get to with the impact. My compressor is small, but the air rachet works descent on it. I'm debating right now, get a bigger compressor or a new gas grill, bottom of my grill fell out.

http://w_w.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...92K&lpage=none

Is this the impact you are running. I think I am going to go with an electric. I will never use air tools that much. As long as I can take off some control arm and track bar bolts I am good and save me some time.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the dewalt 120v 1/2in impact with case. The link just brought me to the home page. I use the hell outta mine. Get some impact extensions and you'll be good to go.

Quick Reply: lift install tips and tricks