Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Install Questions??

Old 08-09-2012, 03:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did my 2.5 coil like wrangler5-0 describes. Takes a few hours. Did rear then front. You do want to unbolt brake line brackets (top and bar on bottom) and pull breathers off. Just makes it easier. You'll want the axle down as far as possible. Slather up the bump stops/extensions with oil to help them back in. Don't try to take short cuts, take your time and do it right!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Newbie

Check out the lift installation write-ups on Project-JK; they're very detailed, with pictures, plus they list the tools and extra parts you'll need.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Super Freak

My best advice is make sure you have the right tools for the job and this will go smoothly. A set of ratcheting wrenches helps tremendously and have a breaker bar on hand to give you some leverage in case some bolts are stubborn. I also used a bottle jack to help remove the springs easier by wedging it between the axel and frame and slowly and carefully pushing the axel down to allow the springs to be removed easier. Make sure you watch your brake lines but they have a lot of give so it was a big help doing this by myself. I also used the dish washing soap on the bump stops to help get them seated. I took a 6 or 8" socket extension and put the biggest socket on it to provide a base and then used the other side to help push up the bump stop into place while I jacked the axel back up pushing it into place. Others have used blocks of wood I used what I had on hand and it worked great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-552161126.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	351913   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3093358153.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	351914  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

About to do my TF 2.5 lift next weekend. fianlly. I can't find the instruction book it came with. My main concern there is the template that it came with. Anyone know wher eI can get either?
Old 08-09-2012, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by crawdaddy
About to do my TF 2.5 lift next weekend. fianlly. I can't find the instruction book it came with. My main concern there is the template that it came with. Anyone know wher eI can get either?
Try PM'ing Teraflex from the vendor section they can help you.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Q-tec has instructions for most products in .pdf format. Here is the TF 2.5 for a 4 dr:

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/98209.pdf

Quick Reply: Lift Install Questions??