Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift install problem/exhaust extension

Old 01-21-2017, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK'r
Thanks everyone for the help. Some washed between the skids resolved that problem.

After exhaust issue was resolved when I make a right I get a pretty noticeable thump like something wants to give. I can't pin point it and it doesn't do it when it is standing still it has to be rolling 10-25mph. Doesn't do it every right turn. I read about the steering issue. Would this be possible even with 3000k miles on it?
Since this is a very old post I am assuming you figured it out. Mine was doing the same and I realized it was due to the way my steering stabalizer was mounted and the body would hit the mounting bracket (rubicon express high steer kit) when a sharp turn of the sterring wheel was made. I adjusted it and the problem was solved.

Quick Reply: Lift install problem/exhaust extension