Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift install disaster, Help!

Old 04-20-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thrshr01
Nut and bolt it.

One piece of advice, when something is not going in smoothly, try another way and find out why. If you get frustrated, stop and take a break. If you don't take that break to reflect on what is going on, YOU WILL BREAK SOMETHING.

Good luck and hope you get it fixed.
That's great advice. I should have stopped after the front. Should have had someone like you around when I was doing this at midnight.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sushi
I'm not blaming the directions. There fine but lack detail. If my little mistake didnt happen this would have only taken three hours. But I guess the only way to really know something is to do it first.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Nuts

If you dont think the nut is F'd up just use an easy out and get a new bolt that works.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Problem Solved!

Thanks for the help guys. The air chisel knocked the nut out in 2 seconds. I went to the hardware store and bought a new bolt and nut. All went well. But, while I was making sure everything was torqued to spec, this happened to one of the washers on the upper shock mount.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wsher.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	152164
I could be wrong but someone said cheap metal and Im going to agree. Easily replaced though. I now know why RC has such low prices. Its obvious to me where they cut corners. You get what you pay for. Im ditching these shock mounts ASAP. Probably going to order from Teraflex in the morning.
But Im happy for now. Time for some new tires!
Click image for larger version

Name:	liftfront.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	152168

Quick Reply: lift install disaster, Help!