Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift install difficulty

Old 11-09-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny2565
in addition to the tools mentioned, a wireless router and a laptop in the garage was a big help too.
X2, I used my laptop for my lift install and bumper install
Old 11-09-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Realistically, you should plan on at least 6 or 7 hours to put it on. It took me this long and I had never done much more than regular tune-ups, changing brake pads and a couple water pumps on my other vehicles. I may have been able to do it faster, but I had my laptop in the garage and was checking, comparing and double-checking what I was doing against the write-ups on this site.
By the way, in addition to the tools mentioned, a wireless router and a laptop in the garage was a big help too.

I am not trying to offend anyone or anything, but I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. These lifts should take no more than about 4 hours.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by acelockco
I am not trying to offend anyone or anything, but I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. These lifts should take no more than about 4 hours.
Sounds like a good excuse to start a new poll thread...

Quick Reply: lift install difficulty