Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift input needed

Old 11-24-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just adding my two cents..

I think the 2.5" is the way to go.. gives you tons of flexibility in the future.. 33-35, even 37 if you really wanted, but without having to deal with drive shafts. Personally I would spend the extra hundred bucks and get the coil/shock. Then you aren't upgrading later.. I have a 4 dr and did this and love it.. not to mention no mechanical experience and we (forum member help) got it on no prob.

Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Lift__026..jpg
Views:	118
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	104648

After
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep Lift__047..jpg
Views:	117
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	104649
Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Former Member

Hey good to see another Youngstown guy on here! I work for 4WD Hardware.

Feel free to give me a call and I will get a package deal together for you on anything you want/need.

Bryan
800-333-5535 ext. 938.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutusroof
I really dont want any sagging in the future cuz i'll more than likely be adding heavier stuff in the future.

This statement right here!.....SKIP the BB, leveling kits or coil spring spacers and start looking at a Coil Spring Lifts! TF, OME (MD & HD) make nice 2" or 2.5" lifts (really 3-3.5" lifts). Yes it will cost a little more than a BB or leveling kit BUT Coil Spring Lifts will not sag much with added bumpers and winch! Trust me if you add a winch and front bumper your stock springs will sag really bad!!

After I installed my winch and bumper with RE 2" BB & stock springs....I lost over 1" in height with adding the extra weight..Major SAG and made the ride horrible!

Front View

RE 2" BB with bumper and winch with stock springs.

OME HD coil springs with bumper and winch

Side View
RE 2" BB with bumper and winch with stock springs

OME HD coils with bumper and winch

Gained back my height and more with 2" HD OME coils spring lift...and still no sagging after 8months!

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 11-24-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leozimm
I got the best price on the stuff - I checked eveyone - from 4WD.com - Bustabizz on here. He can copy my order ticket for you. Service was great and delivery very timely.

- Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost, comes with rear track bar adjuster and the shock adapters, everything you need is included, swap the rear sway bar adapters to the front is all (i got stumped on this at first)
- JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar
- Spider Trax Spacers

Install was a piece of cake, although I had my mechanic help me because we used his garage and lift.

Let me know how it turns out.
Awesome, thank you very much!! I'll copy your post and take it to 4wd.com this weekend. I'll keep take pics before and after. Thanks again!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
Hey good to see another Youngstown guy on here! I work for 4WD Hardware.

Feel free to give me a call and I will get a package deal together for you on anything you want/need.

Bryan
800-333-5535 ext. 938.
Great thanks! What are your hours for Friday and Saturday. I have to drive right by your store tomorrow on my way to my buddy's Ohio State vs Michigan party tomorrow. I'll stop in and order whatever i need. If ur not open on the weekend, i'll give ya a call on monday.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
This statement right here!.....SKIP the BB, leveling kits or coil spring spacers and start looking at a Coil Spring Lifts! TF, OME (MD & HD) make nice 2" or 2.5" lifts (really 3-3.5" lifts). Yes it will cost a little more than a BB or leveling kit BUT Coil Spring Lifts will not sag much with added bumpers and winch! Trust me if you add a winch and front bumper your stock springs will sag really bad!!

After I installed my winch and bumper with RE 2" BB & stock springs....I lost over 1" in height with adding the extra weight..Major SAG and made the ride horrible!

Front View

RE 2" BB with bumper and winch with stock springs.

OME HD coil springs with bumper and winch

Side View
RE 2" BB with bumper and winch with stock springs

OME HD coils with bumper and winch

Gained back my height and more with 2" HD OME coils spring lift...and still no sagging after 8months!
Actually I will more than likely add that same bumper and winch in the future. (next year) I'd rather do it right the first time, but what will that do for my highway driving ride quality? My cousin said if i go with something too stiff i'll be pissing blood after i get to work.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutusroof
Actually I will more than likely add that same bumper and winch in the future. (next year) I'd rather do it right the first time, but what will that do for my highway driving ride quality? My cousin said if i go with something too stiff i'll be pissing blood after i get to work.
Just lower your tire pressure till the ride quality is better. I know I ran 35psi for the first day...it was a kidney buster and bouncing my kids around pretty good! I am sure if you run around 28-30PSI it should make the ride quality better till you get the bumpers and winch! With my winch & bumpers I am running 32PSI and the ride is smooth as can be even on Forestry roads!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ive got the ome hd lift and it rides great. My pregnant wife doesn't even mind the ride.

I put approx 180 lbs of bumper and winch on my stock springs with a 2 inch puck lift. My springs sagged so far down that I was on the bumpstops. I bit the bullet and dropped 1500$ on ome hd coils and have never been happier about it.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Harbourone
Ive got the ome hd lift and it rides great. My pregnant wife doesn't even mind the ride.

I put approx 180 lbs of bumper and winch on my stock springs with a 2 inch puck lift. My springs sagged so far down that I was on the bumpstops. I bit the bullet and dropped 1500$ on ome hd coils and have never been happier about it.

I appreciate the input. I definitely want to do it right the first time. I've gone the cheapest route a couple times in my life and regretted it every time! I've learned that the majority of the time, you get what you pay for.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just going to put my two cents into this penny jar also
I bought a 3.5 mid arm flex from Rock Krawler and I absolutely love it not only does it drive much better on the road but man does it flex! It has a much firmer feel when cornering and stopping! Plus no shitty control arm brackets or cam bolts, it comes with all four high clearance adjustable lower control arms last week they were on sale for 20% off they will probably do this sale again around Christmas or maybe if you pm them they will do this deal for you still! Contact them direct though. My friend has a Tera flex kit and he loves the way mine feels vs. His! Good luck bro
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3815787706.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	105745   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1812307925.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	105746   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3897391200.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	55.1 KB