Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift input needed

Old 11-24-2010, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift input needed

I just purchased my first wrangler and want to give it a better look. I have a silver JK with General Grabbers on it right now but I think it looks too short and fat.

I'd like to go with 33's or 35's and need some input on what type of lift I could use.

I've been told I need a 2.5" lift kit, but have also been told I could get away with just coil spacers. I figured I'd ask the experts here. I don't plan on doing any rock climbing or major off roading. It's mainly going to be used for highway driving in the winter and maybe some trails. I'm hoping to stay around $1000.00 ro so. I figured with just the coil spacers I'd be able to use the rest of the money on better tires.

Opinions please??

I have a black jeep SRT8 i race in the summer and currently only know about the SRT's and how to make em faster. I'm hoping to learn about the JK's and how to have fun with them.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a good thread listed above.

i would personally do a leveling kit and some bigger tires.

my jk is my dd and i drive it all the time and i optioned for some 35's and a 3" lift.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99% of people end up wishing they got 35's so I would say go right to those.

As for lift, well you can do a 2.5" and 35's. If you wonder about the stance and how it looks, then look in the Show and Tell area to see some sweet rigs on 35's.

My and I hope it helps. There are a ton of lift companies out there, but I have always leaned towards teraflex lifts. I think of teraflex kinda like warn winches. There are others out there and there are tons of happy customers with others but when folks talk about teraflex there just isn't any doubts about the quality....

Hope this helped!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you. I appreciate the input. I was hoping to stay around 1k but it sounds like it'll be more toward 2k if i wanta do it right. I really dont want any sagging in the future cuz i'll more than likely be adding heavier stuff in the future.

I didn't want to go too high of a lift since i have to wear and suit to work every day in the winter. There's a white one on the showroom floor at 4wd Hardware that is the look i want. I dont think its a JK or i coulda just copied their setup.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubican
99% of people end up wishing they got 35's so I would say go right to those.

As for lift, well you can do a 2.5" and 35's. If you wonder about the stance and how it looks, then look in the Show and Tell area to see some sweet rigs on 35's.

My and I hope it helps. There are a ton of lift companies out there, but I have always leaned towards teraflex lifts. I think of teraflex kinda like warn winches. There are others out there and there are tons of happy customers with others but when folks talk about teraflex there just isn't any doubts about the quality....

Hope this helped!
Thank you. I appreciate the input. The guy at 4wd was recommending the Rock Krawlers cuz of the warranty but I don't wanta spend the money if i don't really need the heavy duty stuff. Teraflex 2.5" sounds like what i'm gonna go with. Thanks again!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my other Jeep. It's definately not for trails.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brutusroof
Thank you. I appreciate the input. The guy at 4wd was recommending the Rock Krawlers cuz of the warranty but I don't wanta spend the money if i don't really need the heavy duty stuff. Teraflex 2.5" sounds like what i'm gonna go with. Thanks again!
Call david at northridge 4x4 or Teraflex and get there in put..You can't loose that way.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

Here are pictures of my JK...before and after the Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost with stock shock adapters, she is also wearing 33x12.50x15's....just to give you an idea of looks. The tires stick out a little, but that is because of the rims and the spacers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zimm's 2008 JK..jpg
Views:	135
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	104640Click image for larger version

Name:	Zimm's 2008 JK2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	104641Click image for larger version

Name:	Zimm's 2008 JK4.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	104642

Mine is a daily driver also!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leozimm
Here are pictures of my JK...before and after the Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost with stock shock adapters, she is also wearing 33x12.50x15's....just to give you an idea of looks. The tires stick out a little, but that is because of the rims and the spacers.

Attachment 104640Attachment 104641Attachment 104642

Mine is a daily driver also!!
Actually that's perfect! That's almost exactly the look I want. If you don't mind me asking, what all did you use? It's not too high and also doesn't look like a short fat kid. My cousin is supposed to come down from Cleveland next weekend and help me do it. I'll order all the parts this week if you don't mind me copying your build. Sorry, i wanted to clarify. What spacers and shock adapters did you use? I like the look of the tires sticking out too.
Thanks again.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brutusroof
Actually that's perfect! That's almost exactly the look I want. If you don't mind me asking, what all did you use? It's not too high and also doesn't look like a short fat kid. My cousin is supposed to come down from Cleveland next weekend and help me do it. I'll order all the parts this week if you don't mind me copying your build. Sorry, i wanted to clarify. What spacers and shock adapters did you use? I like the look of the tires sticking out too.
Thanks again.
I got the best price on the stuff - I checked eveyone - from 4WD.com - Bustabizz on here. He can copy my order ticket for you. Service was great and delivery very timely.

- Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost, comes with rear track bar adjuster and the shock adapters, everything you need is included, swap the rear sway bar adapters to the front is all (i got stumped on this at first)
- JKS Adjustable Front Track Bar
- Spider Trax Spacers

Install was a piece of cake, although I had my mechanic help me because we used his garage and lift.

Let me know how it turns out.

Last edited by leozimm; 11-24-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Lift input needed