Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift ideas

Old 06-18-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift ideas

Hey all,
I just bought an 07 JK Unlimited Sahara with an auto. The previous owner must have been a soccer mom because I popped off the hard top and the soft top had never been unrolled. Anyway, I'm wanting to get a lift on it. I want something to beef it up, give me more clearance for bigger tires and handle the CO Mountains, but don't want to break the bank.

Thanks for any info!!
-M
Old 06-18-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What size tires you looking at? If 35's go with min. 2.5" Budget Boost and TF seems to be the BB choice.

However, if you are even considering new bumpers/tire carrier/winch down the road...skip the BB and go with a Coil Spring lift to reduce SAG!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Former Member

you need to decide what size tires you want to run and if your going to add a bumpers, winch etc..

Then we can help you make the right choice. If you have any questions on the Full-traction line please ask

and Welcome to the site
Old 06-18-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Newbie

Right now I'm looking at 33's, but most likely 35's in the future. I know I'll definitely add aftermarket Bumpers and winch. It’s going to be a daily driver, so I don't want to go too extreme, but want to be able to have some good fun and get a beefy look.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Start with the FAQ's right at the top of this section. Get an idea of lift needed for various tire sizes, components you will need/want/like to have for various heights, backspacing, gearing suggestions, etc.

You have an auto, so pay attention to the driveshaft recommendations. (when lifted and flexed, the front shaft on auto's gets real close to the tranny pan...)

Also, since you have an auto and live at altitude, run some numbers through the RPM chart. (in the drivetrain faq's) It is very likely that you will want to re-gear for those tires.

And if you aren't familiar with the components, open this one and copy the top pic somewhere for reference...
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Quick Reply: Lift ideas