Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift Help - shocks and spring

Old 06-27-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Mike - appreciate the feedback.

Originally Posted by stangmike1
Hey bobby check the tire pressure it was one of the things that made my ride hard, the were set at 50psi at the tire place as they are rated for 65psi. I keep them at 35psi. And it improved the ride quality this was with my stock suspension.
That said I still felt I wanted a better ride and went to a local speed shop they deal mainly with very high end cars and jeeps when people don't mind spending crazy money on them lol....hmmmm not sure if that's me yet but sure getting there. So they are doing rock krawler suspensions and king adjustable 2.5 shocks after asking a few friends that have it decided to spend the money on lift and shocks and could not have made a better riding jeep in my opinion for a daly driver you can make this thing ride like my X5 and i can go even softer. that's a huge improvement in ride quality. If you ever come to southern CT. I'd love to let u take my jeep for a ride. I also noticed u do some sand driving and that's most of the off-road I do also. So as far off-road goes well.... King shocks no need to elaborate and rock krawler is what I see the most of with terraflex in the forum.
And yeah the Dirtman knows his Sh!t. I learned alot from reading his posts.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, makes sense

Ill see if I can get some recommendations on both shoks and springs and do some research on people who are in similiar situations/simliar wants and needs....i dont mind spending money but I just dont want to go get Fox shocks because its the best when maybe I can get another shock thats not as good, but based on my needs makes sense.

Thanks again - appreciate the feedback.

Originally Posted by Freewill
With 37" tires you added a LOT of unsprung weight to the system. Chances are your springs and shocks weren't set up for that much weight at the ends of the axles.

If the shocks are not up to the task of controlling the rebound of those heavy tires, the shocks get hotter sooner. When the shocks get hot, they don't do their job and the Jeep jounces all over the road along with the passengers.

You may be a candidate for some top-quality adjustable rate shocks. External reservoir shocks are better at maintaining their temperature.

Quick Reply: Lift Help - shocks and spring