Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift help!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift help!!

i have 2007 unlimited sahara and i just put a 2.5 teraflex budget boost with a 3/4 inch extra spacer up front, and bilstein 5100's all the way around, to really level it out. my question is do i need an adjustable front track bar or do i need the geometry correction brackets for the front control arms or both. I dont do any off roading at all so i want the ride to be as good as possible. any input will help and be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Bump bump bump
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirbdog44
i have 2007 unlimited sahara and i just put a 2.5 teraflex budget boost with a 3/4 inch extra spacer up front, and bilstein 5100's all the way around, to really level it out. my question is do i need an adjustable front track bar or do i need the geometry correction brackets for the front control arms or both. I dont do any off roading at all so i want the ride to be as good as possible. any input will help and be greatly appreciated!
The track bar and brackets make more difference on-road than off-road.

Geometry correction brackets remove the "flighty" steering that happens when the Jeep is lifted. If your Jeep steers and handles the way you like, then brackets may not be needed. If you want the steering to return to a stock feel, use the brackets. Brackets also make the Jeep handle nice and they reduce front end dive during braking.

An adjustable track bar centers the front axle. With 2.5 to 3" of lift the axle moves off center by a bit less than half an inch. Sometimes that is enough to make the tire rub on one side more than the other. The track bar is not essential but a lot of folks use it.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Okay sounds good thanks for the info very helpful, I think I'll def get the brackets and see what goes with the axle and if I notice any negative changes I'll get the adj tb

Quick Reply: lift help!!