Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift help!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by jezzalachis; 10-10-2016 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

How aggressive are you looking for???

Oh, and if you look hard enough new wheels and tires can run you less that $2K...
Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

I would recommend the Teraflex budget boost or their 2.5 coil lift. At a time you would want to run a 33 or 35 tire you could do either and the ride would be really nice. $500 for the 2.5 or a lot less for the budget boost. Keep it simple for you.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09RubiGirl
I just bought a 2009 JKU Rubicon and plan on lifting it pretty soon but I don't know what brand or what size lift I should get. Its a daily driver and I don't plan to take it offroad much yet plus im a college student so I can't afford a really expensive lift. Im leaning towards a 3.5"-4.5" lift and 35" tire but I don't know how this would look or what brands I should go with. Any help is great and I love pics! Thanks!
A 3.5/4.5 is taller than you might expect or need. You might join or visit a Jeep club and show up to a gathering. You can look at various sizes and mods to get a great perspective of what you might like. Jeeps look better and bigger in person. Jeep owners are always willing to talk about there mods.

Your getting great advice with going with a 2.5 lift for a Daily Driver and you'll still be awesome on the trails... (2.5Teraflex Budget Boost is a great kit)

Good luck
Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you're not doing alot of wheeling and just want an agressive look, go with a small Teraflex lift such as a 2.5 coil with shocks. Then you add a set of nice flat fenders and rims and tires. What you will end up with is ample room for 35's and an agressive look. This will also keep the Jeep lower to the ground for better handeling and ease of daily use. ( not having to climb in and out ). If you change your mind later on and want to go bigger it's not a problem as the flatties and 35's will work fine with a bigger lift. I am on my 5th JK now and have done everything from spacers to my 6" long arm that I have now, I am also in MD and can point you in the right direction to look at lifts in person and for installation. Good luck .

Quick Reply: Lift help!