Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift help....

Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift help....

ok so I have been looking to do a lift on my JK. I have been looking at the zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=39&gr=-1[/url] and the http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html which one do you guys and girls think would be a better choice? I don't want to have to add anything else like driveshalfs ect..... any input would be nice plus if there is another one for about the same money that's better let me know... thnx

Last edited by mkjeep; 03-27-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: no non sponsor clicky
Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

anyone? one is a zone 3" and the other is a rough country 3.5
Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ive got the zone 3" lift on a 2 door. Im happy with it and the ride over stock is much better. Running 35's but did need to trim the rear.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wranglerlou
anyone? one is a zone 3" and the other is a rough country 3.5
Ive heard the rc 3.5 is a better kit overall than the zone offroad kit. I do like zo only because bds makes there parts.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wranglerlou
ok so I have been looking to do a lift on my JK. I have been looking at the zoneoffroad.com/product?ki=39&gr=-1[/url] and the http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_jk_3-seriesII.html which one do you guys and girls think would be a better choice? I don't want to have to add anything else like driveshalfs ect..... any input would be nice plus if there is another one for about the same money that's better let me know... thnx
Why do you need a 3.5" lift? If you want to run 35's, you can get by with a 2.5" or even a puck lift. What do you want to do with your lifted rig?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Newbie

I called the local Offroad shop and told them I was thinking about a Rusty's 3.25" Lift and they talked me into the Zone Offroad 4" lift. They told me it was more complete than the Rusty's for about the same $. I've done some research and can't find a bad word about Zone. I am going with the 4" mostly for looks...I don't plan on doing much actual off roading, so I think it will be fine for my purposes.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

2.5" budget boost and 1.25" body lift will give you the look for the cheapest, and have the least impact on driveline and steering.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I am running that Rough Country 3.5" lift......great performance on and off road....Phenomenal bang for your buck.....comes with lower control arms, new pitman arm and trackbar relocation brackets....keeps the geometry in line.

PLUS........

AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE and they STAND behind their products!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

I am wanting to lift it cause I put 305/70/17's on it and I think it would look better. Plus the guys I go 4x4 wheeling are lifted and it seems to be easier for them when on some of the rocky trails or going threw some of the creeks...

Quick Reply: lift help....