Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift, gears, locker

Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift, gears, locker

I have a 09 X Unlimited auto with 3.73 LSD. I upgraded to 32s and it's a pooch on the highway, epecially with a head wind. It's a daily driver and I don't want to make the so so gas mileage any worse. I don't drive that much since I have a company vehicle and I don't have much of a social life and occasionally travel on the highway. I'm on the fence about re-gearing with 4.10s or 4.56s. I don't foresee going any bigger than 33's while it's a daily driver while I'm still financing it. Will 4.56s be sufficient if I ever decide to go to 35s? When I re-gear I have it down to three locker choices for the front: Aussie, Detroit, or OX. I don't do alot of off-roading as of yet, but I just might want to hit some trails one day. I live in the panhandle of Florida and have only seen one light wet snow in the 16 years I've lived here and little to no ice. I'm going to try and re-gear in the next year and I want the gears and locker to be installed at the same time. I like the OX, but I might have a problem finding a shop that could do the complete install. I like the Detroit and the Aussie because the install is straight forward. I don't like the ARB. I've read the numerous pros and cons of the Aussie and the Detroit on this forum. Am I correct that the Aussie and the Detroit have no effect on 2HI when you are turning tight? I know alittle about vehicle mechanics, but I am having difficulty seeing how the Aussie works. I want the deeper gears to not have a highway pooch and want a locker to get me out of a jam. I think 4.56s and an Aussie might suit me, any suggestions.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on going with the Teraflex 2.5 with springs and shocks. I've also read alot about the problems installing the TF with the track bar relocation bracket. Has TF taken care of the problem with drilling the hole for the bracket?

Quick Reply: Lift, gears, locker