Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift ESP

Old 01-05-2009, 02:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift ESP

I bought my JK with a 3.5 skyjacker lift already installed. While driving the ESP will kick in *mainly in curves*. Did a search and found that most are saying to straighten the wheel. Mine the wheel looks to be straight so I'm wondering what else could it be?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would check the toe-in here is the link

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment
Old 01-05-2009, 04:58 AM
JK Freak

When I installed my lift I thought the steering wheel was straight but it took several adjustments and road trips to get it dialed in.
Check your tire pressure. I know it sounds too simple but my tires got low and the esp would kick in when making turns.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you are saying your esp bas light comes on? or the car with squigly lines? also another question while we are on the subject i was told to turn off esp all time with a lift so i did that because on turns it will kick in or whatnot... is this true or am I able to turn esp back on?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brandonbooth
when you are saying your esp bas light comes on? or the car with squigly lines? also another question while we are on the subject i was told to turn off esp all time with a lift so i did that because on turns it will kick in or whatnot... is this true or am I able to turn esp back on?

yeah the light comes on and you can feel the brakes working on the front wheels. kinda hairy in a wet corner it'll make you checkup real quick. think i need to take it into a shop let them do a line up job see if it helps any.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

wells i took it to the shop after i made a run to Rusty's Offroad had to pickup a set of these

guy at the shop said they would need them to get everything right. should get it back in a couple hours see if it helped.

Last edited by EXTREMEG; 01-05-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:55 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by EXTREMEG
wells i took it to the shop after i made a run to Rusty's Offroad had to pickup a set of these

guy at the shop said they would need them to get everything right. should get it back in a couple hours see if it helped.
dont let them use cam bolts, save yourself the headace and buy adjustable control arms
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

You know, I was in the shop the other day and the tech told me the same thing about the cam bolts.
He obviously didn't recognize that the control arms were adjustable, even after I mentioned it to him
Old 01-05-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Mine needed a little more caster to eliminate the problem.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

well it turned out great the lineup with the new LCA bolts worked.

might upgrade to a adjustable LCA later on when i get some $ in my pocket.

Quick Reply: Lift ESP