Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift choice

Old 04-11-2017, 03:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift choice

2014 wrangler Sahara with flat aluminum fenders, currently on 33 would like to move up to 37 at some point.
Have narrowed my lift choice to 2.5 in metal cloak game changer with rock sport shocks seems to be a more complete kit but obviously more expensive at 2400. My other choice is the synergy stage 1, 2 in lift with fox shocks right around 1500. My dilemma is do I bite the bullet and spend the money on the metal cloak. It looks like I will be spending more money on the long run on synergy if I match the parts I'm missing compared to the metal cloak. Is there any benefit of the synergy vs metal cloak 2 in lift. I realize the arms are different but do like the metal cloak bushings better. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Originally Posted by Rostr02
2014 wrangler Sahara with flat aluminum fenders, currently on 33 would like to move up to 37 at some point.
Have narrowed my lift choice to 2.5 in metal cloak game changer with rock sport shocks seems to be a more complete kit but obviously more expensive at 2400. My other choice is the synergy stage 1, 2 in lift with fox shocks right around 1500. My dilemma is do I bite the bullet and spend the money on the metal cloak. It looks like I will be spending more money on the long run on synergy if I match the parts I'm missing compared to the metal cloak. Is there any benefit of the synergy vs metal cloak 2 in lift. I realize the arms are different but do like the metal cloak bushings better. Thanks in advance.
If you have the budget available, it is typically best to do it right the first time and be done. It can be done over time, and I went that route with a cheap lift initially and then essentially rebuilding the entire thing. I can tell you that path is much more exhausting, both emotionally and financially. I don't like to recommend specific lifts, but I will say that MC is a solid company. I have a full set of MC arms and am very happy with them. Keep in mind that you get what you pay for.....not just in quality, but in the completeness of a kit. Most the time less expensive kits are only less expensive because they don't include everything that you REALLY need. Happy building!

Quick Reply: Lift choice