Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift and C.As just not working

Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry lift and C.As just not working

so i have a teraflex 2.5in coil and shock lift.. i also have all 8 teraflex flex arms. the rear uppers do not work because it pushes the axle back to far and causes the coil to hit the track bar.. really the only way to fix this is to cut the upper arms about an inch or get a bigger lift.. so i purchased one inch spacers to add to my lift.. then tried the rear uppers and still, same problem.. now is it me or is something not right. if i add a one inch spacer to my 2.5 in lift wouldnt it make it 3.5inch lift? i know teraflex lifts are usually a bit bigger then what is stated, but i have front and rear heavy bumpers so even if i get the minimum 2.5inchs, adding a one inch spacer should raise it enough to use the arms..

the TF instructions only tell u the length specs for a 3 and 4inch kit.. not the 2.5.. so i figured if i got a lift in that range then there is no reason i cant use them.. also, the fronts all work but my axle is a little bit to far forward and i can not adjust because my front lowers is adjusted all the way in..

someone save me.. this has been an issue since day one and now im ready to get rid of the lift and arms and start fresh.

Last edited by sktdarkstar8; 05-09-2010 at 07:56 AM. Reason: mistake
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Following on what Planman has said, I have the TF 2.5" coil lift and shocks, and the TF front LCAs, and stock CAs elsewhere. With that combo the rear JKS trackbar jam nut was within a hair of touching the right rear spring. So, I added RK wedges. I am absolutely delighted with this configuration.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is kinda a dead thread, but but if i want to move my rear axle back some, as the TF 2.5" lift caused my rear axle to shift forward. run both upper and lower CAs? who makes an adj CA that isnt too long at the shortest length to get what im looking for?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sktdarkstar8
so i have a teraflex 2.5in coil and shock lift.. i also have all 8 teraflex flex arms. the rear uppers do not work because it pushes the axle back to far and causes the coil to hit the track bar.. really the only way to fix this is to cut the upper arms about an inch or get a bigger lift.. so i purchased one inch spacers to add to my lift.. then tried the rear uppers and still, same problem.. now is it me or is something not right. if i add a one inch spacer to my 2.5 in lift wouldnt it make it 3.5inch lift? i know teraflex lifts are usually a bit bigger then what is stated, but i have front and rear heavy bumpers so even if i get the minimum 2.5inchs, adding a one inch spacer should raise it enough to use the arms..

the TF instructions only tell u the length specs for a 3 and 4inch kit.. not the 2.5.. so i figured if i got a lift in that range then there is no reason i cant use them.. also, the fronts all work but my axle is a little bit to far forward and i can not adjust because my front lowers is adjusted all the way in..

someone save me.. this has been an issue since day one and now im ready to get rid of the lift and arms and start fresh.
With all 8 arms you should be adjust everything were it needs to be. Give me a call and let's get this figured out.

Quick Reply: lift and C.As just not working