Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift + BB?

Old 06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift + BB?

Maybe a dumb idea… I just bought the trail master 5”/3” lift for the JK. It should lift 5” in the front and 3” in the rear. I actually have seen the trail master jeep and had the opportunity to talk with them and I found that the rear of their jeep just wasn’t tall enough for the look I want. My question is I have a 2” BB from rough country, would it be dumb to keep the Budget boost on and also install the trail master lift giving me 7”/5”? or am I way off?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Running 42's or so?

As long as all of your adjustables are good for the extra 2", and the shocks are long enough, and the brake lines, and the links, and the...

You did get the full system with the adjustables, right? And driveshafts. If not, umm...

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-08-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Newbie

I did get the full system. It was because of the driveshafts that I went with the trail master. how long do the shocks need to be? sorry man I'm kinda new at this.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
JK Freak

Did your BB come with shock adapters? Those would allow you to run your shocks from the new kit. That is a lot of lift! Let's see some pictures....
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by DBFunJK
I'm hoping he really meant Body Lift instead of Budget Boost added to his 5" lift. If it is a Body Lift you're considering, people do it all the time. From what I understand the Body Lift helps you keep center of gravity low, while giving you the clearance you need for larger tires.

If you are considering adding a Budget Boost to the 5" kit... don't do it.

DB

DBFunJK is right, I would not recommend lifting your suspension any higher than it is. The trail master kit was designed for that specific ride height. If you try to increase your height by another 2" the ride quality will decline, as well as changing a lot of the steering & suspension geo. If your still looking for a little more lift, a 1" or 2" body lift might be a better idea for you at this point. You will still raisie you center of gravity, of course, but your JK would be much more stable than adding more suspension lift. If you have any specific questions about trying different setups feel free to PM us and we'll help you out with any questions.

Here's a few of our JK's both have our 5" kits but the Green JK has a 1" Body lift from Performance Accessories.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default safety first!

Well I’m glad I asked… that would have been a long week of installing then just to uninstall. Those jeeps look great. I think that the best way to have the “look” would be the tube fenders. Thanks for the advice, you never know I could have gotten on the road and the world would be one less JK!

Quick Reply: lift + BB?