Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Lift appearance question

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift appearance question

Newbie question....How come some lifts appear higher than others....for example: when I look at some of the pictures of say a 3" lift, some appear to be higher than 3" or appear to be lower than 3" and look more like a 2".....the reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to add a lift and want to make sure I'm doing it right!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Some lifts actually give more lift than advertised. Tire size will make the appearance seem different on identical lifts. Trimmed fenders and body lifts will also make the suspension not look equal.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Freak

I doubt you can look at pictures on the internet and judge which lift is higher/lower. If you put 37" tires on a 2.5" lift, I'm sure it will look like the lift is almost non existent, compared to the same lift with a 33" tire.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bryanc182
Newbie question....How come some lifts appear higher than others....for example: when I look at some of the pictures of say a 3" lift, some appear to be higher than 3" or appear to be lower than 3" and look more like a 2".....the reason I'm asking is because I'm looking to add a lift and want to make sure I'm doing it right!
It's better to figure out how much lift you want and what brands are suitable for that, Then talk to individuals on the forum about the plus's and negatives of each. They will even be able to help you with pictures.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheTerminator
I doubt you can look at pictures on the internet and judge which lift is higher/lower. If you put 37" tires on a 2.5" lift, I'm sure it will look like the lift is almost non existent, compared to the same lift with a 33" tire.
I'm not looking at the pictures and assuming that's what the lift is.....I'm reading what people are posting as their mod stats
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sjm01
It's better to figure out how much lift you want and what brands are suitable for that, Then talk to individuals on the forum about the plus's and negatives of each. They will even be able to help you with pictures.
I'm definitely going with 3" .....more than likely a pro comp lift with 35 x 12.50 nittos trail grapplers. Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: Lift appearance question