Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

lift advice please help

Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lift advice please help

ok i bought a new 2011 2 door with the auto its my first jk. with that said im looking for a good lift for decent price. im on a budget and have found rough country to be cheapest and have a lifetime warranty on all parts i have used them on several jeeps in the past and a ramcharger and have been happy. but i want to go with the coil spacers to maintain factory ride. this jeep will not see any major trails but will be used off road. what do yall think of this the kit will include the front adjustable track bar and rear bracket and comes with sway bar links. are spacers spacers or do i need to find a better brand has any one used these on the jks
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Spacers are spacers to me I have the rough country bb and have no complaints its been great and for the price its not bad
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Rough Country springs in my 4dr JK and over time the really sagged. I was disappointed in them.

I switched to Rock Krawler's 3.5 suspention and it's like night and day difference, I'm very happy and satisfied with my RK stuff. They also offer a complete warranty on their stuff.

Be careful of buying something cheap. I've found that if you do, you'll be replacing that part in the not so distant future.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Freak

I agree with Cdyspeed. At one time Daystar was the major mfg of spacers didn't matter who's name was on them they were most likely made by Daystar. Don't know ,if thats changed or not with a lot of this stuff coming from China.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tchaap
I had the Rough Country springs in my 4dr JK and over time the really sagged. I was disappointed in them.

I switched to Rock Krawler's 3.5 suspention and it's like night and day difference, I'm very happy and satisfied with my RK stuff. They also offer a complete warranty on their stuff.

Be careful of buying something cheap. I've found that if you do, you'll be replacing that part in the not so distant future.
This is so true.....
Old 10-20-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

tchaap how does the rk ride and did it include the the track bar brackets or did it have a adjustable bar? and thanks to all for the info i think im going to steer clear of rc. i would like to stay under 500 on cost wat seems to be the best "bang for your buck" but still very reliable and great quality would also like to have actual springs but its has to be affordle s
Old 10-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 11mangotango
tchaap how does the rk ride and did it include the the track bar brackets or did it have a adjustable bar? and thanks to all for the info i think im going to steer clear of rc. i would like to stay under 500 on cost wat seems to be the best "bang for your buck" but still very reliable and great quality would also like to have actual springs but its has to be affordle s
Look at Rusty's lifts. American made, front and rear adjustable track bars, and great prices.
Old 10-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 11mangotango
ok i bought a new 2011 2 door with the auto its my first jk. with that said im looking for a good lift for decent price. im on a budget and have found rough country to be cheapest and have a lifetime warranty on all parts i have used them on several jeeps in the past and a ramcharger and have been happy. but i want to go with the coil spacers to maintain factory ride. this jeep will not see any major trails but will be used off road. what do yall think of this the kit will include the front adjustable track bar and rear bracket and comes with sway bar links. are spacers spacers or do i need to find a better brand has any one used these on the jks

http://www.teraflex.biz/jk-wrangler-...-adapters.html
$348.99
TeraFlex 2.5" BB spacer kit with shock extensions. You can add a front HD Adj Trackbar #1753418 if you want to, even though it's not needed.

Quick Reply: lift advice please help